Knows and applies the concepts of agronomy in the management activity of agribusiness.
Benefits of the program
- You will standardize the knowledge of the agronomic concepts proper to agribusiness.
- You will improve communication with customers and between different areas of the business.
- You will increase the speed of adaptation to the position and knowledge of the business model.
- You will improve the decision-making process.
Graduates in business administration, international business, finance, public accountant, economics, marketing, communication, engineers in biotechnology, chemistry, biochemistry, civil, agroindustrial, mechanical, electrical, food industry professionals.
Content of the program
The Seminar on Agronomy for Non-Agronomists consists of six modules, which total 48 hours of study in total.
Module 1. Agriculture and its Processes (8 hours)
- Biological nature of agriculture.
- The life cycle and agricultural production.
- The environment and agricultural production: climate, soil, water. Local, regional and national agricultural calendars.
- Controlled environments and agricultural production.
- Technology and agricultural production.
- The agricultural systems.
- The agro-industrial system.
- The process of agricultural production.
Module 2. The production of Grains and Vegetables (8 hours)
- Grains: corn, sorghum, wheat, safflower, beans, fodder.
- Direct sowing vegetables and in controlled environments: tomato, chili, cucumber, pumpkin, eggplant.
Module 3. Plant nutrition. Fertilizers and Fertilization (8 hours)
- The plant and plant nutrition.
- Fertilizers, types and characteristics.
- Preparation and estimation of mixtures and fertilizer doses.
- Fertilization methods.
- New technologies in fertilization.
Module 4. Plant Health. Controlling Pests and Diseases of Crops (8 hours)
- Pests and diseases during the life cycle of plants.
- Pests and diseases of the soil.
- Pests and diseases in stored grains.
- The control of pests and diseases in plants.
- Pest and disease control and agro-food safety. Regulations for the use of agricultural parasiticides, international market requirements.
- Regulations for the production and sale of agricultural inputs: seeds, fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, etc.
Module 5. Irrigation and Fertigation (8 hours)
- The water and the plant.
- Irrigation methods.
- Irrigation calendar.
Module 6. Harvesting and Postharvest Handling (8 hours)
- Harvest of grains, vegetables and fruits.
- Harvesting, cutting and hauling methods.
- Estimation of production and productivity.
- The calendar of local, regional and national harvests.
- Postharvest handling.
- Grains: field-warehouse-buyer.
- Hortalizas.:campo-empaque-cuarto frío-transporte-distribuidor.
- Fruits: field-packing-cold room-transport-distributor.
- Safety in the handling of postharvest fruit and vegetables.