Study Abroad in Spain
Study Abroad in Spain (La Coruña)
Study Abroad in Spain during the Academic Year for a semester, full academic year or to pursue a degree.
Study abroad in Spain! This program offers participants the opportunity to substantially improve their Spanish while studying abroad in “off the beaten path” La Coruña, Spain. Choose from a variety of subjects and study alongside Spanish students at the Universidade Da Coruña, in La Coruña, Spain during the academic year. We also offer the opportunity to pursue a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree.
The majority of courses, in a variety of fields, are given in the Spanish language. To help prepare students for this, we offer Spanish language classes during the summer for all levels and beginner to upper-intermediate level classes at the beginning of each semester. Students may opt to add an internship to complement their study abroad experience. There are also a select number of courses in limited fields given in English.
Spring Semester 2018: Jan 28, 2018-June 9, 2018 –
Application deadline: September 23, 2017
Fall Semester 2018: September 2018-Jan. 2019 –
Application deadline: February 1, 2018
Academic Year 2018/2019: September 2018 -June 2019
Application deadline: February 1, 2018
$11,850 (semester) or $19,975 (year)
*Pricing subject to change.
- Tuition (Courses available in a variety of fields)
- Intensive Spanish language courses (Beginner to Upper-Intermediate)
- Internship Placement (Optional)
- Advising Services
- Housing in the city center with Spanish speakers
- International Health & Accident Insurance
- Transcripts from the Universidade Da Coruña
- Assistance with navigating the procedure for requesting transferable credits at your home institution.
- 24/7 local emergency contact.
- Cultural Activities (e.g. Welcome Spanish dinner, tapas tours, Galician queimada ceremony, etc.)
- Day trip excursions (e.g. Santiago de Compostela, Islas Cies, Galician Villages, etc.)
- $95 Application fee (Non-refundable)
- Visa Fees – check with the nearest Spanish Consulate for details
- Spending money
- Bus fares
- Extra excursions & activities (may be purchased separately)
- Meals (Meal Plan for lunches on campus may be purchased separately)
- Transportation to & from airport
- Students must be at least 18 years old on the date of departure.
- Before semester begins, participants must test at a minimum Spanish language level of B1. If you test A2, you may still participate by first completing our Intensive Spanish language Program. Please click here to test your level.
- For US Citizens: You must hold a valid passport. If you do not have a valid passport already, you must apply for one or renew your old U.S. Passport. This generally takes 4-6 weeks for processing and delivery; although, for an additional fee you can request an expedited passport. More info here
- US Citizens must successfully obtain a Student visa from their nearest Spanish Consulate. Click here to find your corresponding Consulate. Each Consulate may have slightly different application procedures; as an example see the requirements from the Los Angeles Spanish Consulate.
Fields of Study/ Degrees Available
- Science: Biology, Chemistry
- Health Sciences: Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Speech Therapy
- Social Sciences and Legal Studies: Audiovisual Communication, Business Studies, Business Administration, Early Childhood Education, Economics, Industrial Relations and Human Resources, Law, Primary Education, Social Education, Sociology, Sports Science and Physical Activity, Tourism
- Engineering & Architecture: Automation & Industrial Electronics Engineering, Architecture, Civil Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technology Engineering, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nautical Engineering and Maritime Transport, Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Public Works Engineering, Technical Architecture, Engineering in Industrial Design and Product Development
- Arts and Humanities: English Studies: Language & Literature, Galician & Portuguese Studies: Language & Literature, Humanities, Information & Documentation, Spanish Studies: Language and Literature
- Complete the application form on our website
- Pay $95 Application Fee
- Take the Spanish Placement Tests and email us your results
- Send PDF files of any prior higher education transcripts, your passport, and the courses you’d like to take to info@LinguisticHorizons.com with the subject “Your Name – Application Study Abroad in Spain.” In the body of the email, please indicate any specific requests or questions you may have. If you want to add an internship, we also need a letter of motivation (describing the type of experience you’re looking for) and a resume.
- Applications will be evaluated upon receipt and the students will receive a letter indicating whether their application has been provisionally accepted.
- Upon provisional acceptance, you must submit your first Program Fee payment of $2,000 to secure your spot. This payment will allow us to issue the official letter of acceptance you will need to apply for your student Visa at the Spanish Consulate.
- Pay Program Fee Balance of $9,850 by July 1 for Fall Participants, $9,750 by November 1 for Spring Participants, $17,975 by July 1 for Academic Year Participants. Payment Plans Available upon request.
This school offers programs in: