Why Choose Sonoma?
- An intimate, safe campus with relatively small class sizes
- Idyllic location in the heart of Sonoma & Napa Valley Wine Country
- Only a 45-minute drive to San Francisco, various beaches, the Russian River, and redwood forests
- Beautiful apartment-style On-Campus Housing
- Discover the world-class Green Music Center, music education & performing arts complex
- Utilize the Student Center, a modern and vibrant focal point of student activities and engagement
- Meet American students via the International Education Exchange Council student club
Tuition and Fees
The Semester at Sonoma program is one of the most affordable ways to study at one of the California State University (CSU) campuses. See a breakdown of our program fees below:
- $4,900 per semester for 8* academic graduate courses
- $5,160 per semester for 12* academic undergraduate courses
- Includes use of all campus facilities
- $125 application fee
- $175 Student Health Center fee
- $5 SSU student ID card fee
- Health insurance required – see our website for details
*Additional graduate units (over 8) are billed at $420 per unit and additional undergraduate units (over 12) are billed at $305 per unit.
Airfare, housing, and meals are not included. When you apply for the Semester at Sonoma program, you will have to demonstrate proof of financial resources to cover our estimated costs for housing, meals, and other personal expenses. These estimates are listed on the application.
Tuition and fees are due at orientation. You may pay these fees online through MySSU or upon your arrival at SSU during orientation.
Our classes and our on-campus housing can fill up fast! It’s important to apply for the Semester at Sonoma program as early as possible to receive the best chance of taking your preferred courses and securing space in on-campus housing. We recommend applying by the priority deadline if you have a strong desire to live on-campus and you have limited courses which you can take at SSU that will transfer back to your home institution.
- Priority deadline is March 30th Final deadline is June 1st
- Priority deadline is October 30th Final deadline is December 1st
Many of our most popular majors are impacted, meaning that there are more students than there are seats. Visit the Office of Admissions website for a list of these majors. When applying, you should only select one or two courses from any impacted major on your Preliminary Course Selection. Please be flexible as SSU cannot guarantee the availability of classes.
How to Apply, submit the following application materials:
- Semester at Sonoma Application
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts - must be translated in English
- Passport Copy - must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your program start date
- Proof of English Proficiency - requirements are listed on the application
Your application will not be considered without the items listed above. Submit your application materials by mail to:
Sonoma State University
Attn: Katie O'Brien
Salazar Hall 1040
1801 East Cotati Ave.
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Or you can email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org