Organisation and courses contents
The yearly courses at the CIEF are composed of 2 semesters of 13 weeks each.
The first semester (the winter semester) starts early September and ends just before Christmas. The second semester (the spring semester) starts mid-January to end mid-May.
The new students are, at their arrival, positioned after a written test and an interview with a teacher at an adequate level.
The CIEF offers 6 different levels (from A1 to C1) each composed of 16 to 18 hours of weekly courses, with at least 1 hour of autonomous work in the Languages Resources Centre (CRL), guided by a teacher-tutor.
The Language Resources Centre allows all the students an autonomous work, guided by the teachers of the CIEF and adapted to the needs of everyone.
Conditions of application and cancellation
- To be of 18 years of age minimum.
- To be in possession of a high school diploma (or an equivalent) and, for certain countries (like China), to be in possession of a University entrance exam.
- To have paid a deposit fee (non-refundable) for the pre-application and to have paid for the remaining amount on the day of the final registration, usually on the first day at the CIEF.
- In the case of cancellation, each application for reimbursement will be subject to a file (form to be taken at the office of the secretary) which will be submitted to the Direction of the CIEF and then to the President of the University.
Application materials and supporting documents to provide :
- 2 passport colour photographs,
- 1 photocopy of the passport,
- 1 photocopy of obtained diplomas (at least high school diploma requisted or equivalent) with their translations certfied by a sworn traductor,
- 1 description of the preparation courses or exams taken in the French Language,
- 1 handwritten letter of motivation indicating, in particular, the University courses selection and choice. Please also indicate if you are a complete beginner.
- Registration form to be completed
Deadline to register for the second semester of the Academic year 2019-2020
For international students : Friday, November 15th 2019 (courses from January, 8th to May, 29th)
Deadline to register for the first semester of the Academic year 2020-2021
For international students : Friday, June 19th 2020 (for the 1st semester : courses from August 24th to December 18th).
For international students : Friday, November 13th 2020 (for the 2nd semester : courses from January 6th to May 21th).
Exams and University diplomas
Continuous assessments and final exams are organised each semester. University diplomas are delivered as follows:
- DUEF (Diplôme Universitaire d’Etudes Françaises) A1 - A2 - B1.1 - B1 - B2 - C1
DELF and DALF
A certain amount of classroom time is dedicated to each level to the preparation of the national diplomas DELF and DALF. One exam session is organised once a year usually in May.
Cultural and sports activities
Workshops (theatre, artistic practices, etc.) are available (for free) according to the semesters and the number of interested students.
Participation in cultural events is organised in the framework of the university in partnership with the structures of the city of Reims:
- Welcome week
- Film screenings at the Library
- Students’ International Day
Numerous activities: physical, sportive and cultural are possible within the university structures:
- SUAPS: University Department of Sports Activities
- SUAC: University Department of Cultural Activities
About the School
This multidisciplinary university (URCA - University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne) develops innovative, fundamental and applied research. It provides more than 25 000 students with a wide initial underg ... Read More