Founded in 1986 with the approval of the Office of Chinese Language Council International, the Chinese Language Training Center is a Chinese language training center for foreigners and also a center in China to train Chinese language teachers for Southeast Asian learners. It is one of the earliest Chinese language and culture teaching centers in South China.
- The programs of different levels are provided: Foundation Level (for beginners), Intermediate Level and Advanced Level. Students will be divided into different levels according to their language competency.
- A new semester begins every February an September of each calendar year.
- Small classes are arranged, each with only 5 to 10 students. They will take comprehensive courses for language skills including listening, conversation, reading, writing, and some Chinese cultural courses.
- Inspiring and harmonious teaching provides students with more opportunities to learn.
Scanned copy of valid passport
Scanned copy of Certification of Highest degree attained or Certificate of Enrollment at University (scanned copy of original documents or certified copies, either in Chinese or English), documentation of middle school graduation, or any other completed degree.
Open all the year round.
*You are strongly recommended to register for the Autumn Semester if you are a beginner in learning Chinese.
Those who meet the requirements of admission will receive an Admission Letter and a JW202 FORM (visa application form). With these two documents, the applicant may apply for a Student Visa (X) at either the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General.
- Registration fee RMB 400
- Tuition Fee RMB 15,000/year
- Accommodation Single Room: RMB1,200/month Double Room: RMB 800/month
Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) full scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation fees, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
The application time for CGS scholarship is January to April every year.
Application details will be provided the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country (Chinese Embassy/Consulate General in your home country or other designated agencies).
The Chinese government has set up a series of full scholarship programs and partial scholarship programs to sponsor international students to study in Chinese universities.
Shantou University (Agency code:10560) is one of the designated universities in China for CGS scholarship students.
About the School
Shantou University (STU), founded in 1981?is a comprehensive university jointly supported by the Ministry of Education of China, the Guangdong Provincial Government, and the Li Ka Shing Foundation and ... Read More