Russian as a Foreign Language
IUM RFL program is one of the best Russian language programs in Moscow. It offers programs for all foreign students studying Russian language from zero to advanced levels. The courses are taught by experienced teachers and are designed for students from all over the world to get the most out of their stay in Russia. Highly skilled lecturers from IUM, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Linguistic University and Pushkin Institute of Russian Language perform practical training. They are experienced in training students in many universities worldwide.
The program includes speech development, literature, grammar and phonetics studies as well as courses in Russian culture, arts, mass media and contemporary politics. The graduates are granted a Certificate and credits can be transferred. The Center offers tours around Moscow and to St.Petersburg, Vladimir and other Russian tourist attractions. Students of RFL program attend regular lectures given by leading experts in political and social science, economics and business, they meet famous politicians, artists, journalists and writers, participate in all social events of the university, join students artistic communities and clubs.
The program is very popular among international students and has a solid reputation abroad. Our major partners include American Council of Teachers of Russian (ACTR for 19 years), Texas University (Austin, USA), Washington & Jefferson College (Penn., USA), North Park University (Chicago, USA), Akita International University (Japan), University of Western Ontario (Canada).
Annually about 80-100 international students join the program.
Why it is unique
• method of intensive learning, developed by IUM Faculty of Linguistics, is applied (activating personal and group potential);
• professional faculty;
• personal approach to each student;
• wide cultural program;
• individual professional retraining for international tutors of Russian Language aimed to improve their language and teaching skills.
• guaranteed expertise in the Russian Language (both speaking and writing skills);
• study of Russian way of life and values;
• opportunity to continue study for a degree in Russia;
• opportunity to work in Russia or with Russian companies and institutions.
• Russian World (14 and 28 weeks)/20 contact hours per week
• Moscow without boarders (16 weeks)
• Russian from Scratch (2 to 28 weeks)
• Russian from Scratch (2 weeks)
• A Date with Moscow (4-6 weeks)
• Individual Programs (throughout the year)
• Communication without Translation (for beginners)
• Remedial Course of Russian in Vocabulary and Grammar
• Language of Mass Media
• Russian Language. Conversation
• Russian Intonation and Pronunciation
• Russian Culture: Movie, Theatre, Painting
• Russian Music
• History of Russian Musical Culture
• History of Russian Dance
• Contemporary Russian History
• Contemporary Russian Politics
Language of instruction: Russian