»RE.ACTION – ARTISTIC DIALOGUES«
BE INSPIRING AND GET INSPIRED - SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE - AND GET NEW WORK DONE!
At the start of this course we visit an art exhibition and research the accompanying media, such as catalogues, website, flyers etc. Based on your experience you develop an artwork responding to the exhibition. You are free to choose your preferred media, such as drawing, typography, photography, installation etc., and are encouraged to blend them.
At the following step each work rotates to another student and acts thereupon as a starting point for his/her new artistic response. This rotation principle varies by a defined schedule during the 2-week-term regarding space, time, rhythm, media or team partners. We discuss how the results interdependent, what media qualities emerge, and how to create image documentation of the process that is adequate to the individual results.
In this workshop we playfully generate an interdisciplinary and visual „dialogue” by means of art/design work. The students’ manifold results reveal their individual signatures and how they might influence each other. This makes students aware of their visual strategies and refines their ability to observe their own/others’ work and the environment where it is created. The workshop aims to increase the ability to engage with diverse artistic forms including the documenting print media. We challenge and discuss artistic transformation, authorship, visual networks and interdependence as an artistic „material” and strategy.
Students document their processes in a publication published by the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar. This documentation is being created by the tutor in the course of the 2 weeks and acts as a visual reference point for our discussion as well as layout for the book being published at the end.
Together with the final exhibition, the publication provides a professional reference in the students’ cv as artists/designers and as visual „tool” for further work.
The course language is English.
Certificate & Credit Points
After successful completion of this course you will receive a certificate of participation. It will show the course title, the date and duration of the course, the number of contact hours as well as the main contents and topics.
Participants will earn 3 credit points (ECTS).
The course takes place all day from Monday until Friday. It is necessary to attend at least 80% of the course lessons to receive credit points.
The course addresses BA and MA students of visual art, media art, design, architecture or related fields as well as professional visual/media artists, designers and architects.
- required: basic knowledge in the media of interest (drawing, photography etc.) B.A. level
- required equipment: laptop (w/ Adobe Creative Suite), usb stick (3GB)
- optional: digital camera, sketch book for personal documentation purposes
1. Online Registration
In order to register, please complete our registration form.
Please submit the following documents by 1 May 2017 as one pdf file via email.
- Curriculum vitae: max. two pages
- Letter of motivation: Why did you choose this course? - max. 500 words
- Portfolio: at least 2 projects with each 4–8 images and project description (150 words)
- Artist/design statement: Please describe in 150–300 words your art/design strategy
- English language certificate: at least level B1 or comparable
Please note the following points:
- All application documents submitted as one pdf document (max. 5 MB)
- Name of pdf document »Artistic_Dialogues_family name_first name«
- Email with subject »Application Artistic Dialogues«
ONLY COMPLETE AND CORRECTLY NAMED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
3. Selection Process
All applicants will receive admission notification by 15 May 2017 via e-mail and will have to confirm participation within 3 days. If applicants fail to do this, places will be given to others on the waiting list.
After you have confirmed your participation you will receive the invoice for your specialised course until the end of May.
If you need a VISA, we recommend to inform now about the requirements and to make an appointment with the German embassy in your home country.
A maximum of 12 applicants will be selected to participate in this course.
The course fee is 700 EURO.
- 500 EURO for students & alumni
- 300 EURO for BUW students
The course fee includes:
- Orientation & Support
- Programme according to description
- Teaching materials
- Bauhaus Summer School ID card
- Internet access at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- Free use of library
- Accompanying programme (except excursions)
- Free entrance to museums belonging to Klassik Stiftung Weimar
About the School
Each year approximately 400 participants from 70 countries around the world create a unique intercultural atmosphere. Be a part of the experience and make friendships that will last a lifetime!