Hundreds of North Iowa Area Community College graduates transfer to four-year colleges and universities every year. Whether you want to become a teacher, lawyer, engineer, physician, artist or (you name it!), we can get you started. And if you’re unsure about a major, NIACC is a great place to get your feet wet. NIACC offers the first two years toward a bachelor’s degree in virtually any field. The Associate Degree earned provides you with the general education requirements and core courses needed to continue your education as a junior at a four-year school.
Sample Schedule (2-year plan) First Semester
- ENG-105 Composition I 3 s.h.
- MAT-110 Math for Liberal Arts* 3 s.h.
- BUS-102 Intro to Business 3 s.h.
- BCA-215 Computer Business Apps 3 s.h.
- SDV-199 College Essentials 1 s.h.
- Social Science Class 3 s.h.
Total 16 s.h. Second Semester
- ENG-106 Composition II 3 s.h.
- MGT-101 Principles of Management 3 s.h.
- ACC-111 Introduction to Accounting 3 s.h.
- Social Science class 3-4 s.h.
- Science class 3-4 s.h.
Total 15-17 s.h. Third Semester
- ACC-121 Principles of Accounting I 3 s.h.
- ECN-120 Principles of Macroeconomics 3 s.h.
- JOU-115 Intro to Journalism 3 s.h.
- MKT-110 Principles of Marketing 3 s.h.
- Natural Science class 3-4 s.h.
Total 15-16 s.h. Fourth Semester
- ECN-130 Principles of Macroeconomics 3 s.h.
- JOU-121 News writing/Reporting 3 s.h.
- SPC-112 Public Speaking 3 s.h.
- General Education Elective** 3-5 s.h.
Total 12-14 s.h. *– Appropriate math level needed before enrolling in any math class. See NIACC catalog for a list of General Education courses.
**– Listing of General Education courses found in catalog. Note: Please check with transfer institution for their specific requirements or check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for further transfer planning.
- AA Degree meets the General Education Requirements for the College of Liberal Arts at most transfer institutions.
- Check with transfer institution for Foreign Language Requirement.
- Admission requirements vary from institution to institution. Contact the transfer institution or check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for assistance.
- Suggested schedule dependent on the entry level of the student.
- College Reading Strategies
- Intro to Statistics
- Human Relations
- Human Resources Management
- Student Senate