This course covers management areas such as hardware, software, systems integration, and human resources.
To provide participants with knowledge and skills that will enable them to succeed in information technology (IT) projects management areas such as hardware, software, systems integration, and human resources.
PMBOK Knowledge Areas
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Quality Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Risk Management
- Human Resources Management
- Procurement Management
- Communications Management
- What is a project?
- What is project management?
- System development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Approaches to implementing IT projects
- Implementing the Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
- Factors for IT project success
- Gathering and analyzing requirements
- Converting business requirements into technical requirements
- Staffing project teams: in-sourcing and outsourcing
- Structuring the IT team
- Developing a project plan
- Creating and using the work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Using different estimating methods (e.g., COCOMO, function point analysis)
- Scheduling techniques (including Rapid Application
- Development and time-boxed scheduling)
- Budgeting techniques (including cost estimating)
- Resources allocation techniques
- Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
- Progress reporting
- Schedule, resource and cost tracking
- Change control (e.g., software configuration management)
- Measuring work performance
- Project closeout (customer acceptance testing)
- Systems integration testing
- Post-implementation review
This course comes in varying lengths depending upon the needs of your organization. Project Management Professionals (PMPs) are eligible to earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) for taking this course.