Program accredited by the EFPA (European Financial Planning Association) as a preparation for the EFA (European Financial Advisor) certification exam. With this, you will be able to demonstrate your worth and perform professionally at the highest level of the banking and advising field which grows the most in developed countries. This program contains a module of our Official Master’s in Banking and Finance (MBF) which can be studied independently.
The course has been designed to complement and deepen the previous education and experience of professionals who, in various areas, advise and manage personal estates. The basic aim is to teach the technical abilities, assessment, judgment, and advising necessary to optimize relationships with clients. The course provides the theoretical understanding and necessary practice to respond to the present and future needs of the client’s estate management, and to improve the quality and profitability of the services provided by the entity.
This program is available through both classroom instruction and online classes.
The European Financial Planning Association (EFPA) was created in 2000 as a self-regulation initiative in the area of financial services in the face of:
- The spectacular growth of personal, private, and private individual services, as well as financial advising, etc.
- The European Union’s initiatives to strengthen protections for banking and finance clients, and to create a single financial services market.
- The threat of extensive European regulation in financial services in general (FASP, MiFID, IMD, etc.) and financial advising, in particular.
- The willingness to offer a professional response.
The mission of the EFPA is to work with every level of financial advising and planning professionals and the related institutions, supporting their respective efforts to catch up to the training and competitivity needs required by the market and legal regulations through determining and promoting professional standards, and awarding certifications to those who have acquired the necessary competency to offer financial advice to clients.
Currently, the EFPA has certified more than 30,000 professionals in Europe. In Spain, there are more than 15,000 professional associates.
At the start of 2014, EFPA España already had 10,400 associates.
EFA™(European Financial Advisor)
This certifies professional aptitude for carrying out work in consulting, management, and financial advising to individuals in personal and private banking, financial services oriented towards individual clients and any professional banking function– insurance or independent– that implies the offer of an integrated service for asset or financing advising.
You can earn this certificate through one exam covering all of the required material, or through two exams corresponding to each of the levels.
- DAF/FAD: Financial Agent Diploma (Level I). National diploma which includes 50-60% of the contents of the EFA. Its validity as a partial exam for the EFA Certificate will be for 3 years from the date it was received. Those who obtain this national diploma will not be registered as a part of the EFPA European Register and therefore, will not be members associated with the EFPA and recertification will not be necessary, that is to say, they will not have the recognition if the professional does not keep it up to date, unlike in the case of the EFA.
- Level II. Second and final level of the EFA certification, which gives access to the European Certificate and includes incorporation as a full member of the EFPA España and EFPA Europe.
Who it’s designed for
- Professionals from financial entities with current and future responsibilities in the field of personal and private banking.
- Managers, advisors, and consultants who, being specialists in other areas, require a solid global education for consulting and managing client assets.
- Portfolio management professionals, companies and securities agencies, any entity linked to the intermediation or management of investments, or independent professionals.
- University students, interested in specializing in this fast-growing field of business finances.
Field(s) of Specialization
Banking and Finance
Banking and Finance is a unique sector within the world of business. In few other areas has such rigorous research been carried out and so many tools and practical models been developed. It is a fascinating field that, of course, affects the way we live. This department covers both the operation of financial institutions as well as the operation of the financial part of private businesses.
Professional Coaching and Careers
Our service of coaching, mentoring and professional career, has as objective that professionals can develop and take advantage of all their potential, helping them to take the next leap in their professional life and adapting to their circumstances throughout their specialization, in the jump to the direction of the company or entrepreneurship, or simply when they need to reinvent themselves to take back control.
About the School
At CESTE, Escuela Internacional de Negocios, we offer you a different kind of educational model. For university students: official undergraduate and Master’s degrees framed by the best educational mod ... Read More