Professional Photography Course
Get behind the camera and discover your creativity, sharpen your attention-to-detail and develop your artistic sensibility. Become the most "in" photographer around!
The Professional Photography program at Inter-Dec College is designed to turn a photography lover into a photography master. With a state-of-the-art photography studio complete with full lighting equipment, students will master the latest color play, lighting, shadow and reflection techniques of an industry that is booming in Montreal.
Photographers are employed by studios, companies, publications and institutions. They often work as freelancers, giving them a flexible schedule, and even have their own studio!
- Prepare and organize photo shoots for fashion, event, advertising, etc.;
- Determine the qualities you want to highlight on your subject;
- Master various professional photography equipment;
- Explore new lighting techniques and angles;
- Conduct preliminary visual content research.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT PROFILE
- Artistically driven and talented;
- Great communication skills;
- Passionate about photography and imagery;
- Attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently.
To be considered for admission to a program leading to an attestation of college studies, you must have an education considered sufficient by the College and meet one of the following criteria:
- Completion of at least one year of postsecondary studies;
- Participation in a government program or an agreement between the College and your employer;
- Two semesters or one full school year must have passed since your previous studies (i.e. high school).
Modern photography uses digital formats to capture images of people, events, moments, materials and products. Through color play, lighting, shadow, reflection and angles, photographers evoke
emotion via their work.
Photographers are employed by studios, companies, publications and institutions. They often work as freelancers, giving them a flexible schedule, and even have their own studio.
The equipment and software used at Inter-Dec College are up to par with the industry standards, ensuring that students will make a smooth transition into the industry.
BE A STUDENT FOR A DAY
Come spend the day with our students and teachers. This is a unique opportunity to help you make a better choice about your education. It’s free of charge with no future obligations!
One year (three 15-week semesters). Total of 1020 hours.
Photoshop and Lightroom
CLASS SIZE & FACILITIES
Maximum 18 students per class;
Professional photography studio and lighting equipment.
Attestation of college studies
On the first day of class, the teacher will provide you with a
detailed list of the required materials for the semester and then
help find the best deals
This school offers programs in: