Professional Finishing Programme
The Professional Finishing Programme is a 3-month programme designed for students who have completed their Professional Kitchen Programme, or an equivalent programme from another culinary school. For applicants who have qualified from another school, SCAFA will conduct a practical evaluation to assess their eligibility for the Professional Finishing Programme.
On successful completion of the programme students will receive a Level III Diploma from City and Guilds, London and an attested certification from KHDA (Govt. of Dubai)
Key features of the programme are:
• This programme prepares students for the finer aspects of the culinary arts and the business of running a restaurant.
• The programme is operated from the School’s student run, teaching restaurant, SCAFÉ, where students are taught a range of practical skills in a real operational environment.
• Students will learn skills ranging from running a business in the hospitality industry, menu development and costing, purchasing and managing produce, professional service, fine dining preparation, presentation and plating, palate development and restaurant operations.
• The school’s restaurant is the special platform from which these skills are taught to students.
• The class size is restricted to 6 students only to ensure each student gets individual attention.
• Programme fees cover:
- All course and study material
- Ingredients, tools & equipment
Programme fee: AED 33,000
Contact the school for more information on fee payment options.
The programme will cover the following areas: