The Professional Diploma program in teaching is offered by the Department of Educational Sciences. The program aims to qualify bachelor's degree graduates who wish to join the teaching profession. It also contributes to improving the qualifications of teachers who are working in the field of education and in developing them educationally.
The general objectives and outcomes of the program are derived from the basic educational knowledge and skills that the teacher must have in light of the most recent relevant demands and the international standards.
1. Provide the learner with the knowledge and skills that are related to the educational qualifications of the areas of teaching methods, psychology, curricula, classroom management, testing, and evaluation.
2. Prepare the learner to be able to obtain the basic professional skills necessary to perform his or her duties successfully.
3. Develop the learner’ necessary skills in the use of modern technologies and their applications in the classroom.
4. Develop the learner’s social communication skills.
5. Develop the learner's ability to rely on himself or herself and take the appropriate decision at the right time.
6. Apply the scientific research skills and the use of statistical methods in conducting a research.
On successful completion of the general education program the graduate will be able to:
1. Identify the steps to build a curriculum and its components.
2. Apply the principles of teaching and learning theories in the classroom environment or learning situations.
3. Use the technology and learning resources of the learning situation to develop the capacities, knowledge, and skills among students.
4. Implement research and studies that contribute to the development and improvement of education and the learning process.
5. Design achievement tests according to the students’ levels and their developmental characteristics.
6. Analyze students’ classroom problems and find solutions for them.
7. The Professional employment of the results of a research in the improvement of the educational process at school.
- Certified Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Passing an interview that is run by the college.
- Graduate students are required to complete a total of 24 credit hours and a minimum of 2.0 GPA out of 4.0.
- Graduate students should successfully pass 7 courses including the course of practical training and an optional course. The practical training course weights 6 credit hours while all other 6 courses weigh 3 credit hours each.
- Teaching in secondary and high schools.
- Working in institutions related to the areas of media, endowment (Awqaf) authority, Sharia courts, educational management, etc.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 28, 2018