CREATIVITY, SENSE OF OBSERVATION AND ARTISTIC SENSITIVITY IN PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY
Here are some of the talents our students are developing behind the lens.
By choosing LaSalle College, they will have access to a professional photography studio equipped with its own lighting material. A quality environment to learn how to take the picture, compose the image and touch-up the photos.
The skills and techniques learned during the training provide our students with the possibility of becoming a photographer, a publicity photographer or a photojournalist.
The photographer can work for himself and different companies such as magazines, publishing houses, etc.
With LaSalle College, becoming a professional photographer is no longer a dream, but a reality.
METHODS OF INSTRUCTION
- This photography course is offered at the Montréal and Laval campuses.
- This program leads to an Attestation of College Studies (AEC).
- Prepare and organize photo shoots for fashion, event, advertising, etc.
- Determine the qualities you want to highlight on your subject
- Prepare the subject and arrange the composition
- Master various professional photography equipment
- Explore new lighting techniques and angles
- Use and improve the techniques of digital photography
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT PROFILE
- You have an academic education up to college or university level and would like to retrain or perfect your skills in the field of professional photography
- You have work experience in fields that are unrelated to photography, but you would like to retrain
- You have a keen interest in the arts and new technologies relating to photography
To be considered for admission to a program leading to an attestation of college studies, you must have an education considered sufficient by the College and meet one of the following criteria:
- Completion of at least one year of postsecondary studies;
- Participation in a government program or an agreement between the College and your employer;
- Two semesters or one full school year must have passed since your previous studies (i.e. high school).
The photographer captures the image of people, events, scenes, materials or products. Through an interplay of colors, lights, shadows, reflections and shooting angles, they highlight the particular features of the photographed subject that are sought.
The photographer may be a freelancer, have their own studio, or be employed by a studio, corporation or institution. The equipment and software used are industry-standard and will facilitate your integration and success in the work environment.
BE A STUDENT FOR A DAY
Come spend the day with our students and teachers. This is a unique opportunity to help you make a better choice about your education. It’s free of charge with no future obligations!
One year (three 15-week semesters). Total of 1020 hours.
Photoshop and Lightroom
CLASS SIZE & FACILITIES
- Maximum 18 students per class;
- Professional photography studio and lighting equipment.
On the first day of class, the teacher will provide you with a
detailed list of the required materials for the semester and then
help find the best deals.
About the School
Being the largest bilingual college in North America, LaSalle College counts five speciality schools with over 60 programs to choose from. Each year, its campus welcomes close to 25% of its student po ... Read More