The New Zealand Certificates in Cookery Level 3 & 4 will give you all of the skills you need to graduate as a well-qualified chef.
You'll develop knowledge in a range of culinary disciplines and gain essential culinary skills through hands-on learning in our commercial kitchen.
The course covers practical and theory relating to the hospitality industry, including how to prepare complex dishes as well as safe food practices, food and kitchen safety, communication with colleagues and customers within food service organisations, and more!
You can also choose to complete the City & Guilds qualifications which are recognised globally in over 100 countries and will set you apart from other chefs in the industry. This will be at an extra cost.
Length 2 academic years
Intake 11 July 2016
Location Kerikeri New Zealand
How will I learn?
This course includes both practical and theory, which you will learn in our commercial kitchen and classroom. You will put the skills you have learnt into practice through operating the on-site restaurant and preparing meals for guests.
Join the industry as an intermediate chef which might include:
- Sous Chef in a small establishment such as a cafe, lunch bar, small local restaurant or rest home
- Chef de partie in a mid-range to large restaurant serving complex dishes
- Demi chef de partie in more elaborate organisations such as hotels or commercial catering and events organisations
What are the entry requirements?
- Entry is open to students who are interested in the hospitality industry, in particular cookery.
- If under 20 years old, NCEA (Level 2 or higher) or a relevant Level 2 or higher qualification from a New Zealand Tertiary Education Organisation is required.
- If English is a second language an IELTS score of at least 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0, or an equivalent recognised qualification is required.
- If more students apply than there are places on the programme, you will be placed on a waiting list and notified when a place becomes available.
New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 3) and New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 5, 2016