Marketing management analyses and researches various aspects of consumer behavior including targets markets, advertising, and promotional strategies. Students will learn to identify consumer needs and trends through understanding consumer behavior including pricing and pricing strategies.
Upon successful completion, you will have obtained a highly valuable single subject diploma. This certificate combined with other awards can lead towards University entry to first or second year. Holders of this fully accredited qualification greatly increase their chances of employment and promotion within a related sector.
- The critical role of marketing in organizations and society
- Laying the groundwork for strategic planning
- Managing the marketing process and marketing planning
Analysing Marketing Opportunities
- Marketing information systems and marketing research
- Analysing the marketing environment
- Analysing consumer markets and buyer behavior
- Analysing business markets and organizational buying behavior
- Analysing competitors
Researching and Selecting Target Markets
- Measuring and forecasting market demand
- Identifying market segmentation and selecting target markets
Designing Marketing Strategies
- Marketing strategies for differentiating and positioning the marketing offer
- Developing, testing and launching new products and services
- Managing products through their product lifecycle
- Deciding on international market entry
- Methods of entry
- International marketing programmes
Planning Marketing Programmes
- Managing product lines, brands, and packaging
- Managing service business and ancillary services
- Designing pricing strategies and programmes
- Selecting and managing marketing channels
- Managing retailing and wholesaling
- Designing communication and promotion-mix strategies
- Designing effective advertising programmes
- Designing direct marketing, sales promotion, and public relations programmes
- Managing the sales force
- Managing direct marketing operations
- Implementing marketing programmes
- Controlling marketing activities
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition, applicants will have to undertake an interview
- Funding available for social welfare recipients