Human resource management looks at the development of people within an organization, recruitment selection induction, rewarding, appraisal, training for now and development for the future. Participants will understand and apply human resource theory in the working environment as well as understand the importance of human resource development to the success of a business.
Enhance your skills and employment prospects by completing our 4wk Human Resource programme. Upon successful completion, you will have obtained a highly valuable single subject diploma. This certificate combined with other awards can lead towards University entry to first or second year. Holders of this fully accredited qualification greatly increase their chances of employment and promotion within a related sector.
People, Organisations, and Behaviour
- Organisational behavior
- Work, organization and job design
- Organisation development
- Motivation, commitment
- Employee engagement
Resourcing and Workforce Planning
- Strategic resourcing
- Workforce planning
- Recruitment and selection
- Resourcing practice
- Talent management
Learning and Development
- Strategic learning and development
- Process of learning and development
- Practice of learning and development
- Leadership and management
- Aims of performance management
- Strategy and systems
- Practice of reward management
- Rewarding specific groups
- Strategic employee relations
- Employment relationship
- Psychological contract
- Practice of industrial relations
- Employee voice and communications
Human Resources Skills
- Strategic human resources skills including leadership skills, facilitating change, handling conflict and people
- Industrial democracy
- Strikes: cause, effect, and avoidance
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition, applicants will have to undertake an interview
- Funding available for social welfare recipients
Program taught in: