The Financial management course looks at the importance of financial statements, capital markets and sources of finance and how it applies to the management of a company. To provide finance students with a body of knowledge which will increase their employment opportunities, prepare them for careers in the field of finance, provide them with a qualification which will enable them to progress to positions in finance within a company.
The Construction of Financial Statements
- Company accounts
- Cash-flow statements
Using Accounting Information
- Accounting ratios
- Accounting standards
- Marginal costing
- Capital investment appraisal
Sources of Business Finance
- Long-term sources of finance
- Short-term sources of finance
Mergers and Takeovers
- Reasons for growth via horizontal, vertical, or conglomerate integration
- Financing of growth
- The construction of basic group accounts
- The function of stock exchanges
- Share and bond issues
- Rights and bonus issues
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition, applicants will have to undertake an interview
- Funding available for social welfare recipients
About the School
Birchwater Education is an Institute of Education specialising in English language and business studies programmes both in house and on line. Located in Limerick City Ireland