Business administration incorporates many types of management positions from major corporations to independent businesses, every operation needs skilled administrators in order to succeed. The aim is to provide prospective managers and administrators with a body of knowledge to increase employment opportunities, prepare for management roles and allow students to practice all the necessary skills for management administration roles.
Upon successful completion you will have obtained a highly valuable single subject diploma. This certificate combined with other awards can lead towards University entry to first or second year. Holders of this fully accredited qualification greatly increase their chances of employment and promotion within a related sector.
- The Management Framework for Business Administration
- Characteristic Features of Organisations
- The Structure of Business Enterprises
Functions within an Organisation
- The Production Function
- The Purchasing Function
- The Research and Development Function
- The Marketing Function
- Personnel Department
Administrative Officer's Role
- Office Administration
- Other Responsibilities of the Administrative Officer
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition, applicants will have to undertake an interview
- Funding available for social welfare recipients
Program taught in: