A Private Pilot Licence is the first step towards obtaining a CPL. It allows you to carry a limited number of passengers.
Requirements to start
- - 16 years or older (you can start training earlier but have to be 17 years of age in order to be awarded a private pilot’s license and 16 years to be able to go solo)
- - Hold a valid class 1 or 2 medical certificate (we have doctors in Bethlehem who are able to perform your flight medical once you have started the course)
- - You should be able to speak English on a conversational level, as it is a requirement to pass an English language test in order to obtain your radio license.
Legal Flying Requirements
- A minimum of 25 hours dual flight instruction (dual – practical flight training with an instructor onboard)
- A minimum of 15 solo hours (this is made up of a minimum of 5 hours of cross-country, 5 hours of circuit and landing training and 5 hours of general flying training)
- 5 hours of instrument flying training.
In our experience, it will normally take a student approximately 55 hours to successfully complete the training.
- 7 CAA subjects consisting of:
1. Principles of Flight,
2. Air Law,
3. Aviation Meteorology,
4. Human Performance and Limitations,
5. General Navigation,
6. Flight Performance and Planning,
7. Aircraft General
- Restricted Radio Telephony exam (written online at our accredited testing center)
- English Language Proficiency Rating (conducted in-house at Paramount Aviation Academy)
Paramount Aviation Academy is an approved CAA Online Testing Centre and all examinations are written at the flying school in our dedicated exam venue.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 27, 2018