This program is recommended for future students who want to build a firm basis for their further studies in the BSc program of Computer Science. Students who get admitted to Computer Science BSc but cannot reach the minimum level in the entrance examination will also be redirected to our Preliminary Course.
Strength of program
The curriculum of the Preliminary Course is assembled on topics relevant to a Computer Science BSc program, such as algorithmic thinking skills, Mathematics, English language, and basic knowledge about computers and programming.
- Topics in Mathematics (IP-18fPRETMG, 8 hours, 8 credits)
- Introduction in computational thinking (IP-18fPREFICTG, 4 hours, 4 credits)
- Scratch Programming (IP-18fPRESPROGEG, 4 hours, 4 credits)
- Computers in practice (IP-18fPRECPEG, 2 hours, 2 credits)
- Intermediate English (IP-18fPREIMEG, 6 hours, 6 credits)
The successfully completed Preliminary Course automatically ensures admission to our Faculty’s Computer Science BSc program.
Applicants are required to have sufficiently good grades in their secondary school finishing documents, especially from Mathematics. An intermediate level of English knowledge is also required.
- A minimum level of language proficiency (oral) (A1-C2): B1
- A minimum level of language proficiency (written) (A1-C2): B1
Documents to submit with the application
- Online application form
- Record of the final two years in secondary school
- Secondary school certificate
- Motivation letter
- Copy of the main pages of the passport (needs to be valid)
- Passport photo
- Medical certificate
- Language certificate (if available)
The application starts on the online application system. Students need to register in the system, fill in the online application form, upload the required documents and follow the instructions during the application process.
Applicants are required to transfer the admission fees (application fee: 80 EUR, registration fee: 60 EUR) only in case of admission, together with the tuition fee in the amount of 2000 EUR until the end of the first month of their first educational term (September intake: 30 September, February intake: 28 February).
Applications are only accepted being submitted through the online application system.
About the School
Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) - in terms of student and staff number, quality of education and research, and its international relations - is a prestigious institution of public higher education in ... Read More