Starting from the study of art history and design in the 1900s, the subjects of visual brand identity and trend forecasting familiarize the learner to the skills in brand communication. The introduction of software for 3D graphic design representation will be an indispensible skill of visual design communication. The course is focused in the second unit on product design and specifically in the study of ergonomics and the analysis of the object in relation to the space that it inhabits. The third unit will present the elements that comprise the foundamentals of accessories and jewellery design.
The abilities of the learners will be enriched by the complementary studies in the history of Italian and international art and design with the aim to foster their creativity and innovation. In the course there will be a research project, combining 3D visual imaging and design solutions that are innovative, creative and original. The social and cultural influences that inform the landscape of art and design will enhance the understanding of the discipline. During the course there will be a variety of different seminars intended to culturally stimulate, provoke and enrich the participants’ knowledge and perceptions of the subject of art and design, its context and meaning in design. The final portfolio of work will be assessed with the view to access a specialized master course provided by Istituto Marangoni.
The course will give participants an ability to communicate visually design thinking. Learners will have the skills to articulate the development of those ideas through 2D mo- odboards, presentations, object analysis and proposals of ideas. The creative context in which the participants intend to work will be evident through the presentation that they make in the portfolio of the final body of work. Participants will therefore have a complete understanding of the principles that regulate the world and be able to choose with more insight one of the high specialized master courses.
- demonstrate a basic ability in the use of information technology and the technologies associated with the presentation of projects;
- manage creative ideas in response to a given brief, in the graphic interpretation and representation of a moodboard;
- develop a multidisciplinary knowledge in design that allows the participant to understand the development of a creative project;
- develop research processes dedicated to proposing new project solutions;
- translate a conceptual idea into a graphic representation for a design audience.
- visual Identity
- product design I
- product design II
This school offers programs in: