This programme is designed for students between the ages of 15 and 18 who are interested in a future career in the area of Law.
The four areas that the course intends to address include the following:
- Provide insight into careers in law both in the UK and internationally.
- Explore different areas of study concerned with the legal system.
- Learn about the foundations, history and different specialisms within the law.
- Preparation for life as a student at highly rated Russel Group University and elsewhere.
The course is an opportunity for high school students and equivalents around the world to get together and learn about their potential futures, giving everyone a real insight into what it takes to work in the profession of law in today’s times and what they should expect in their future studies.
Another key element of the programme is to enable all students to get to know people from all over the world who find themselves in the same situation and grow as a group and as individuals with various challenges and activities throughout their stay at the University of Exeter. This is further encouraged with the social programme ranging from surfing lessons to team challenges and visits to local areas of interest.
The students are supported in groups by current students of the university working as specially trained Ambassadors, providing the participants with the opportunity to really understand life at University and how careers can progress.
Sessions on the programme may include:
- A field trip to a court to witness a court case in session.
- Visits from external professionals to provide real insight into daily working life.
- Practical sessions including a mock court case.
- Background sessions on the history, foundations and perspectives of law around the world.
- Practical guidance on application to higher education institutions and interviews.
- Development of soft skills needed to succeed in Higher Education and beyond.
- A group simulation challenge of a modern difficulty in the legal world.
- A study fair to gain insight into a variety of qualifications leading to a career in law, including the differences between the different degrees and the options available at the University of Exeter.
Sessions are taught from within the faculty of the College of Social Sciences and International Studies, by external professionals who specialise in certain areas and by current students who are keen to impart their hard-earned wisdom.
Included in the programme fee of £2,600 is the following:
- Half board accommodation on campus.
- Meet and greet return transfer from Heathrow airport and any further transport required on the programme.
- Academic Programme.
- An exciting social programme designed to help the group get to know each other and work well together.
- Certificate of Attendance and Academic and Social reference.
- 24-hour welfare and support from the University Staff.
- Designated current student ambassador per group of students.
About the School
The International Summer is an Undergraduate level summer programme offering students the chance to study at the University of Exeter for 3 weeks and earn up to 15 ECTS Credits or 6-8 US Credits towar ... Read More