The 6-month Pre-Master's programme will improve your English language and develop your research and study skills in preparation for postgraduate study.
It provides a direct route to a wide variety of master's programmes at the University of Stirling. You will improve your English language skills, develop the necessary study and research skills and become accustomed to living and studying in the UK in advance of your postgraduate degree.
- A specialist pathway that offers active learning in your chosen subject area.
- Choose from a range of progression options, with guaranteed university placement for all successful students.
- Choose from our 6-month or 9-month programme depending on your English language level.
- Adapt to studying in the UK with a strong focus on study skills and postgraduate research skills.
- Receive additional English language tuition if you have a lower level of English.
- Guidance with your university applications and the chance to meet university representatives at our Annual Placement Fair.
Key course facts
- Course length: 2 Terms
- Start dates: 2019: January, April; 2020: January, March
- Fees: From £10,050
- Class hours: 20 hours per week on average
- Class size: 16
- Class duration:
- English classes per week: 6 hours
- Subject module classes per week: 14 hours
- Average total per week: 20 hours
Classes are held Monday to Friday between 9.00am-5.00pm, excluding bank holidays.
- Award: Graduate Diploma of Higher Education from the University of Stirling.
- Course options: Accelerated (2 term programme)
- Academic requirements: Pass in an undergraduate degree in any academic subject or Diploma (3-5 years) with high grades in any academic subject.
- English language requirements: IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.0 in writing) or equivalent.
- Entry requirements additional information: Please note that in addition to the UKVI IELTS, INTO is able to accept other English language qualifications.
- Age requirements: 21 years and above
*Please note that the prices for courses due to commence in the academic year 2019 – 2020 have not yet been confirmed. The prices that are shown for the current academic year of 2018 – 2019 will be subject to an increase of up to a maximum of 4%. As soon as the prices for 2019 – 2020 are confirmed they will be updated so please continue to check here for the most up to date information*.
About the School
Often described as one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK, the University of Stirling campus is unique. Set within a 330-acre estate with its own loch and castle, surrounded by the beautiful Sco ... Read More