take your next step to postgraduate study in fashion.
This Pre-Master’s course offers a specifically tailored study preparation for the entire suite of Master’s programmes at Istituto Marangoni. This preparatory course is meant for candidates with either design, business or management backgrounds who want to progress with their studies to a master’s level. Participants will have the unique chance to develop their talent through the enhancement of their creative, conceptual, practical and business skills and will be ready to progress to Istituto Marangoni postgraduate courses. During this preparatory year, participants will be working on exciting creative projects based on a through and comprehensive approach to the fashion industry and they will be constantly encouraged to develop their creative concept ideas and business acumen.
Therefore, participants will learn how to conduct independent research and how to present it effectively; practical workshops will help understand the fashion business, develop project management, promotion skills and garment construction knowledge.
Talent development and preparation of participants will be helped by an integrated support for written and verbal skills in their studies and for Istituto Marangoni master’s courses, in the use of English language for fashion. This will ensure that the participant will be fully prepared to meet the challenges of postgraduate learning.
- carry out systematic and in-depth independent research using academic conventions and evaluate findings at an advanced level;
- identify and integrate data /information/literature relevant and appropriate to the subject specialist area;
- analyse research and the application of knowledge to form and structure collaborative projects;
- have critical awareness and practical understanding of a comprehensive range of concepts, tools, methods and production processes relevant to the subject specialist area;
- evaluate existing research and conventions, and apply personal creative and research abilities in the context of a self- managed piece of work using professional and academic standards.
- International Marketing in Fashion
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing in Fashion
- Integrated Marketing Communications in Fashion
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Project Management Subject Specialist Technical Workshops:
- Principles of Fashion Design
- (for participants considering progression to Fashion Design Womenswear master’s courses).
- Principles of Brand Management
- (for participants considering progression to Fashion and Luxury Brand Management, Fashion Promotion, Communication and Media, Contemporary Fashion Buying master’s courses).
- courses available in different languages and prices.
Educational Aims of the Programme
- To deliver the knowledge, cognitive and practical skills to enable students to progress to Istituto Marangoni postgraduate programmes.
- To introduce students to the demands of Postgraduate study for self-reliant, critical and reflective students, whilst providing an education of intrinsic worth to the learner.
- To prepare students for the demands of a taught Masters course by building on the knowledge gained and academic skills acquired in earlier studies in their home countries.
- To further develop the students’ English language, number, word-processing, research and other study skills appropriate to study at Masters level..
- To develop the students’ intellectual appreciation of issues relevant to their chosen pathway and related subjects at Masters level and to assist the students in acquiring the skills in the collection, analysis, interpretation and understanding of appropriate data and information in preparation for a Masters course.
This school offers programs in:
Cost & Fees
- enrolment fee: € 3.500