Our new Pre-IGCSE course for students aged 13+ is an excellent introduction to UK education and an ideal preparation year before IGCSEs. It is also a perfect high school experience for those wanting to study in the UK to gain a global perspective before continuing studies in their own country.
You will engage in active learning, project work, teamwork and presentations, whilst developing your study skills. You will improve your English significantly and study a range of academic subjects.
On the Pre-IGCSE you will study a vast and interesting curriculum including:
- Art, Music and Drama
Benefits of the Pre-IGCSE include
- Small classes (usually maximum of 10) to encourage discussion and debate
- Improved English skills and study skills
- Interactive teaching, developing key skills such as critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent insight into a wide range of subjects helping with choices for IGCSE and later careers
TRACK: Theory of Research, Active Citizenship & Knowledge
This is an innovative part of the curriculum for all students at the International School.
Studying this programme ensures they are on the right track to develop key skills for future studies in the UK or abroad including the International Baccalaureate.
- Global Citizenship
- Community Action and Service
- Theory of Knowledge
- Project work: student research a topic area (homelessness, language and communication, food, water and the environment) and work as a team, researching causes of the particular problem, a negotiated and agreed viable plan, and some form of meaningful action
- Extended Project (Level 1 or 2): students choose an area of own academic research (optional)
- Age: 13+
- Start date: September, January, April
- Duration: Three terms
- Minimum language level (CEFR): A2.2