Pre-IELTS is a course specially developed by New College Group for students who need to take the IELTS exam but whose level of English is too low to achieve a good score or to join a standard exam preparation course. It is an intensive 10-15 week course only available at NCG and focuses on developing an understanding of the exam and common IELTS topics as well as increasing your overall level of English.
IELTS students have four hours of classes per day, including a period of guided self-study. Areas covered include:
- Understanding the IELTS exam sections
- Increasing world knowledge on common IELTS topics (including the environment, culture, health, and education)
- Developing study skills
- Improving academic and overall vocabulary
- Understanding question prompts
- Practising note taking
Your teacher will follow your progress and shape the course around the needs of the class.
Please note this course is subject to availability.
A quick glance
- Start date: Any Monday (subject to availability)
- Level: Pre-intermediate (CEFR A2)
- Lessons: 20 hours a week
- Course duration: Minimum 5 weeks
- Minimum age: 16
- Average class size: 10
Who will lead this course?
The Pre-IELTS course was created and is taught by teachers with an in-depth understanding of the exam. They know what the examiners are looking for and can help you to provide it.
Included in the price
- 20 hours of lessons per week
- NCG created materials
- Access to our online learning platform with over 60 hours of IELTS tests and skills practice
- Extracurricular activities including conversation class and debate club
- End of course certificate
- Welcome pack with your own notebook and pencil
Who is this course for?
Choose our Pre-IELTS course if:
- Your level of English is too low for a typical exam preparation course
- You are new to IELTS and don’t know how to approach the four papers
- You need to learn about common IELTS speaking and writing topics
Students who complete the Pre-IELTS course become much more confident and knowledgeable about the exam. Many NCG students go on to study at British universities, including Leeds, Manchester, and Bangor.