The current pre-college program is designed as a preparatory course lasting four semesters for international students intending to take the admission test for the UAS Technikum Wien or embark on a course of study in Austria. The PCP ex is designed specially for students who have little or none skills in German language.
Prospective international students attend intensive courses in
- Computer science
- Electrical engineering
After successfully completing the preparatory course, graduates will have attained the minimum requirement "German B2" according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and passed any additional exams required to be able to apply for a course at UAS Technikum Wien. This means that, after completion of the Pre College Program, it is possible to immediately begin participating in the standard application process for a Bachelor's or Master's program. Completing the PCP does not guarantee admittance to the study programs of UAS Technikum Wien. In addition to the intensive level of language and specialist education, great store is also set by the students doing leisure activities together and familiarizing themselves with Vienna as a potential place of study. By the same token, support is given during the "acclimatization phase" phase in Vienna and when completing all of the necessary formalities.
The advantages at a glance
- The best way to prepare for the admission process and the course of study
- Additional qualification by acquiring an internationally recognized language certificate.
- Attend cultural highlights and events in Vienna
- "Accompanied" familiarization with Austrian culture
- Social events to meet people and enable students to network
Admission criteria (for students coming from China*):
*Students from other countries are kindly requested to contact us for details
- Covering letter and CV in German or English
- Valid diploma certifying at leasts twelve years of higher level schooling
- At least four years of English
- Originals and translations of all documents into German or English, certified by a notary
- Original documents in German and/or English are accepted
- Valid visa for Austria before the program begins
One (!) of the admission criteria for a Bachelor's program detailed below:
- Evidence of a corresponding Gao Kao qualification and the successful completion of the preparatory, or
- Evidence of a corresponding Gao Kao qualification and confirmation of admission to a regular Chinese university1, or
- Evidence of at least one semester at a 211 university or three semesters at a regular university, or
- Graduation certificate from a Technical Junior College², or
- Confirmation of admission to a regular university (no junior colleges) for self-study³
Certification of all documents by the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC) at the Ministry of Education or the academic test center of the culture department at the German Embassy in Beijing/Shanghai (APS) An admission test must be taken in order to be admitted to the pre-college program. The following tests and exams are to be completed:
- Written test in mathematics and physics
- Written and oral tests in English
- Interview in Chinese
1 Please note that after the completion of the PCP all necessary requirements for admission to a Bachelor Program at an Austrian Instituation of Higher Education must be fulfilled, i.e. German language competence B2 and proof of acceptance by or admission to a regular Chinese university. For details please refer OeAD In certain cases supplementary examinations have to be taken. At the University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien these supplementary examinations are taken as part of the Pre College Program.
²The studies taken must be subject related to the bachelor program applied for.
³After finishing successfully the PCP and the B2 test these students can only apply for a bachelors program at UAS Technikum Wien.
About the School
With around 9,000 graduates thus far and roughly 4,000 students, the University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien is Austria’s largest purely technical university of applied sciences.