California State University, East Bay, named by the Princeton Review a Best in the West College and a Best Business School, is a distinguished institution celebrated for its academic excellence, personal learning environment, acclaimed faculty, and cultural diversity. The MS in Business Analytics (MSBA) is designed for students and business professionals with a background in computer science, statistics and mathematics who want to have a mastery understanding of business analytics, such as business intelligence and big data analytics. The Pre-Business Analytics Program offers both GMAT preparation and required prerequisite courses needed to apply for admission to the MSBA program.
The San Francisco Bay Area
Cal State East Bay is in the heart of the cultural, technological, and educational center of California. The Bay Area offers all the amenities of a major metropolitan setting and an inspiring platform for career development. The campus is just 30 to 40 minutes away from San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, and Silicon Valley. MSBA graduates are perfectly placed to do practical training throughout the Bay Area.
Offered in collaboration with the College of Business and Economics, the Pre-Business Analytics is an intensive, integrated curriculum of business courses, GMAT preparation and critical academic skills for international students preparing to enter graduate business school.
Students are admitted to this program when preparing for admission to the AACSB accredited Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) at California State University, East Bay; and, can be useful for those pursuing other graduate degrees at this university. The length of the program is two 8-week sessions, a total of 16 weeks.
A typical one-semester program may consist of:
- One or two graduate level MSBA courses for credit (3-6 semester credits) in Business Analytics.
- Graduate Writing/Reading course
- IELTS and GMAT Preparation courses
- Students who do not possess an undergraduate degree in business, and intend to pursue an MSBA degree or any Master's in business degree at Cal State East Bay or other American universities
- Undergraduate business majors who need to master English and/or academic skills needed to pass required TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT exams, and academic course work for acceptance to the university MSBA Program
- Non-business professionals who seek an accelerated foundation in business administration without the degree
Admission For Pre-Business Analytics
- A degree satisfying the undergraduate requirements of the MSBA, including no less than a GPA of 2.5 in the final two years of study.
- IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 71
- An online application to both the Pre-Business Analytics and MSBA programs.
- A GMAT score is a requirement for continuing from the first to the second session in the program.
Admission Requirements For MSBA
After completion of the Pre-Business Analytics program, students have usually satisfied all of the international student requirements to enter the Cal State East Bay MSBA program, namely:
- Demonstrated mastery of college algebra, statistics and object-oriented programming with a grade of “C” or better in relevant coursework within 7 years of starting in the program.
- Acceptable percentile rankings in the verbal and quantitative section of GMAT or GRE.
- IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 79
Note: Admission into the Pre-Business Analytics program does not guarantee admission to the MSBA Program at Cal State East Bay.
Program Completion Requirements
Students are admitted to the Pre-Business Analytics program when preparing for admission to the AACSB-accredited Master’s in Business Analytics at Cal State East Bay. The length of the program depends on their needs- from eight weeks to one semester of study are typical.
A typical eight-week program consists of:
• Prerequisite Business Analytics Course
• Graduate Writing or Research Skills (6 hours per week)
• GMAT Preparation Workshops (6 to 9 hours per week)
• IELTS Preparation Workshops
GMAT Preparation - 4 Courses Each course focuses on principles and concepts on either the verbal or quantitative section while providing testing tips to help students perform successfully on the exam.
IELTS Preparation (as needed)
An intensive overview of advanced vocabulary, reading, grammar, listening, and essay writing. The focus is placed on improving IELTS test scores for admission to an MSBA program at Cal State East Bay or other institutions.
Pre-Business Analytics (GMAT Prep ONLY)
(1 semester: 8-week session x2 )
Pre-Business Analytics (with one-semester credit course)
(1 semester: 8-week session x2)
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||$150 one-time application fee & each time deferring or changing program||$150 one-time application fee & each time deferring or changing program|
|Registration Fee / semester (Non-Refundable)||$300||$300|
|Student Health Services Fee / Semester||$187.5||$187.5|
|Pre-Business Analytics Tuition||$4,500/semester||$5,700 (includes $1,200 for one credit course)/semester|
|Total Fees||$4,987.5/semester **||$6,187.5/semester **|
** GMAT prep tuition and the registration fees are charged per 8-week session. Students are not required to pay for the entire semester. However, if a student is taking the prerequisite credit course, then that course fee must be paid in full at the beginning of the Fall or Spring semester ($1,200).
*Fees are subject to change without notice.
*If you choose to take undergraduate level math and/or statistics class through Open University, additional fees ($350/unit) will be applied.
- Admission to MSBA after meeting TOEFL or IELTS and GMAT requirements
- Strengthen business communication skills
- Develop necessary study skills for success in graduate business school
- Learn about US business practices
- Intensive GMAT test taking preparation
Students can live at the Cal State East Bay on-campus residence facilities in apartments or suites. University Village is just a short walk from classes and provides spacious, fully-furnished apartments that feature a kitchenette with a refrigerator and microwave. It is a true living-learning community designed to help you thrive academically, personally, and socially. It is equipped with a computer lab and study, exercise, laundry, and recreation rooms. High-speed Internet access is provided and cable service is available. Free shuttle buses run from the apartment complex to campus and nearby BART train stations which offer access to the entire Bay Area.
Submit online Pre-Business Analytics application and required attachments:
• Official academic records verifying completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree
• Official TOEFL or IELTS score
• Verification of financial declarations (bank statements, letter or seal)
• Copy of passport name page
• Non-refundable $150 application fee (may be paid by credit card online)
• Copy of confirmation page from your Cal State Apply MSBA application
About the School
For more than 60 years, California State University, East Bay (Cal State East Bay or CSUEB for short) has served the San Francisco Bay Area as part of the California State University system (the large ... Read More