Practical Problem Solving Workshop
Delivered internally for clients with a tailored approach to your needs.
This is a 2-day workshop structured around a real case study problem. The delegates will work in teams on the case study and be challenged to make sense of data and not jump to conclusions. Its fun role play type learning environment.
At the end of the workshop, delegates will have the confidence and way of thinking to ensure problems are tackled in a systematic way.
Delegates will explore different approaches to problem-solving based on the principle of PDCA thinking. They will use 8D and A3 formats to compare and contrast using the case study data.
The First Day:
- Overview of problem-solving methods
- "walk" through and A3 real life example
- COPQ - Cost of Poor Quality understanding - Problem Selection
- Case Study introduction
- Defining the problem
- Building a team
- Team dynamics
- Developing a charter
- Commence initial analysis
- 1st of the seven quality tools
- Team share and wrap up
The Second Day:
- Capture learning from the first day.
- Identifying the many variables
- Understanding containment and identifying actions using the case study
- Comparative analysis (IS/IS NOT) using the case study
- 2nd to 7th quality tools
- Apply 2nd to 7th using the case study (Team share at various stages)
- Permanent actions/givens and wants
- Validation, Confirmation and Behaviour
- Outcome: Be in a position to apply the learning to a real-life problem (With some coaching support)
This course is recommended for anyone that is accountable for leading or supporting problem-solving efforts.