Coolhunting is the discipline that deals with discovering the present needs of the consumer and anticipating those that will appear in the future, through the combination of sociology, marketing and design. Although trend research has its origins in the fashion industry, it is currently an essential tool used by large multinationals to detect new business opportunities that generate innovation and add value. The success of the coolhunting methodology has crossed the borders of the fashion sector and, today, it is applied in almost all commercial sectors: automotive, consumer goods, technology and services. Any company needs to know what the consumer is going to want in the coming years and offer it to them before their competition.
To train future prospection professionals capable of conceptualizing new directions of trends for innovation and future construction, and that can correctly identify typologies and consumer profiles.
Train in the knowledge of techniques and work methodologies to be a useful professional to the companies in their commercial, social and economic benefit in an individualized way, detecting the new interests of the consumer and the new social phenomena that contribute value and innovation.
Know how to manage big data, create connections between diffuse realities and the inputs we receive on a daily basis and be able to extrapolate them as movements or trends and develop them through field studies.
TO WHOM IT'S DIRECTED
• Graduates, graduates or graduates in Design, Fashion, Advertising, Communication, Product Management or other related areas.
• Art directors, brand managers, freelance professionals, marketing directors, PR and events, journalists, editors, stylists, communication directors, etc.
• Professionals who, for work reasons, wish to specialize in the field of trend research.
• Provide the necessary knowledge to correctly identify typologies and current consumer profiles.
• Collect meaningful information, analyze it, synthesize it and manage it appropriately according to the market and the client to whom it is addressed.
• Train professionals capable of investigating, interpreting and detecting new trends.
• Demonstrate critical capacity and know how to propose strategies for research and communication of trends.
• Provide the necessary tools to know how to develop trends and lifestyles reports.
• Communicate ideas and projects to clients, argue reasonably, know how to evaluate proposals and channel dialogue.
• Solve aesthetic, functional, technical and realization problems that arise during the development and execution of the project.
The program is structured in 4 modules. Each module contains subjects related to the specific content and specific thematic blocks, all taught by teachers and experts in each of the subjects.
• Market analyst
• Brand manager
• Art director
MODULE I (5 ECTS)
Context and observation
> Fundamentals of trend research
> Interrelate the existing dynamism between socio-economic changes, cultural productions and design.
> Know how to use semiotics and the methodology of image analysis.
> To know the current methods of social sciences applied to the production of innovation.
> Respond to the great debates of today.
> Madrid Experience
MODULE II (6 ECTS)
> Immersion in trends
> Methodologies and trend analysis
> Know how to implement your own trend research.
> Reason on real cases and consolidate the acquired knowledge.
> Understand and integrate quantitative data in trend research.
> Use big data to get insights about the current consumer.
> Berlin Experience
MODULE III (8 ECTS)
Trends and creativity laboratory
> Design Thinking Techniques for creating trends
> Communication and reports
> Solve problems through visual thinking.
> Master the methodology of Design Thinking.
> Stimulate active thinking (Thinking by Doing).
> Write the concepts of trends in an appropriate way.
> Adapt the texts to the official communication contexts of the trends.
> Paris Experience
MODULE IV (11 ECTS)
Final graduate project
> Presentation of briefing, curating of contents, insights for new tendencies, ideation and creation of tendencies, art direction and exhibition of tendencies.
> Presentation and oral defense.
> Presentation and argumentation of a trend report or trend report from the briefing of a collaborating company.
Thanks to this tool offered by the LCI Education network, the Job Bank is international. It is an online platform shared by all the students of the network that allows students and graduates of LCI Barcelona to share their portfolios and apply to the job offers and internships of companies located in all countries where the network has a campus and where young talents are needed