Why study this pathway programme?
- Choose from a range of Master’s degrees in the field of media, including those specialising in event management, journalism and public relations.
- You will have access to a range of facilities used by industry – including one of the largest permanent green screen studios in the UK.
- The University’s course leaders are experts in their field, with many still working in the industry and for leading media companies such as the BBC.
No portfolio required!
Brett Sayles / Pexels
Stage 1: Pre-Masters
- Critical Thinking for Postgraduate Study
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication
- Research Methods for Postgraduate Study
- Final Project
Successful completion of this pathway will lead to the award of one of the following from Birmingham City University:
- MA Event, Festival and Exhibition Management
- MA Media and Cultural Studies
- MA Media Production
- MA Multiplatform and Mobile Journalism
- MA Public Relations
All students accessing the 3D workshops, plaster room, glass room, water-jet cutting room and the kiln room will need to wear safety footwear that has toe caps. Such footwear can be purchased from any safety footwear provider – including Sports Direct – and can be as cheap as £12. The shoes should be S1P and comply with EN 20345.
There is no long-term storage facility for personal items in the workshops, so students are advised to bring the safety footwear with them each day they are accessing the workshops.
About the School
BCUIC is a direct pathway to Birmingham City University for international students. We offer Foundation, First Year and Pre-Master’s entry points, depending on your level and the degree you want to st ... Read More