Engineering at Swansea University is taught in a cutting-edge learning environment using state-of-the-art teaching facilities. The university pioneers technological progress in both traditional and emerging engineering disciplines, working in partnership with major industrial companies. All engineering activities at Swansea University are driven by, and based on, world-leading research.
The College, Swansea University provides teaching in smaller groups, with a personalised and supportive educational philosophy that encourages students to reach their maximum academic potential. All courses are available with a choice of start dates and durations, depending on your qualifications and English Language proficiency.
When you study in The College, Swansea University, you are a full student of the University from the start of your course.
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication
- ICT Skills
- Mass Communications
- Academic English Skills (1)
- Swansea University Delivered Module 1 and 2
- Academic Tutorial – Critical Thinking
The following durations and start dates are available, depending on your IELTS Score.
- Two semesters: September start.
There are both English Language and Academic Entry Requirements for Pre-Master's study.
For details please refer to our Admission Requirements by Country document.
If you do not meet the English Language requirement for direct entry to your chosen pathway, you can receive the required amount of English Language tuition at Swansea University to prepare you for successful entry into your chosen programme at a later date.
How to Apply
You can apply via our online form.
Before you submit your application, please make sure that:
- You know which course you want to study and which date you want to start.
- You have electronic copies of your academic transcripts, which you will need to attach to your online application. Please note: the limit for all attachments is 25MB.
- Alternatively, you can download the Application Form in PDF format, fill in and send to email@example.com with the necessary documents.
Please note: If you are a citizen/permanent resident of the United Kingdom and have not lived outside of the UK for at least three years, you may not be eligible to apply via The College, Swansea University. Admissions staff will review your application and get in touch to advise you.
Annual tuition fees for entry in the academic year 2019/20 are as follows:
|Master’s Degree||£14,500 - £16,500|
Recommended textbooks for this course are available in the University libraries, but you may choose to purchase personal copies. All software needed for the course is available on the University network for use within University computer rooms. Free wireless internet access is available across the whole of the University campus, including halls of residence. Personal costs such as the purchase of stationery, photocopying costs, parking fees or travel between the campuses are not included in your tuition fees.
Successful completion of this pathway will lead to the award of one of the following from Swansea University:
- MA Chinese–English Translation and Language Teaching
- MA Communication, Media Practice and PR
- MA Development and Human Rights
- MA Digital Media
- MA International Journalism
- MA International Relations
- MA International Security and Development
- MA Politics
- MA Professional Translation
- MA Public Policy
- MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- MA Translation and Interpreting
- MA War and Society
About the School
We provide undergraduate and postgraduate pathways at Swansea University, which is in the UK top 30 in the prestigious Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019. Have a look at our programmes ... Read More