Why study this pathway programme?
- Birmingham City School of Fashion and Textiles has excellent links with international brands such as Burberry, John Lewis, Adidas and Karen Millen.
- The School also has a history of costume design dating back to the early 20th Century and an internationally significant archive of historical dress.
- Based in The Parkside Building at the City Centre Campus, you will have access to a wide range of conventional and CAD facilities – including a Gerber fashion CAD suite.
Flaunter.com / Unsplash
Stage 1: Pre-Masters
You will need to submit a portfolio for an Art and Design programme if:
- you want to enrol onto a 2-semester art and design programme*
- you have no academic background in art and design
- you have a Level 5 qualification (such as an HND or a Dazhuan).
* Providing your academic grades meet our minimum entry requirements.
- Creative Practice*
- Critical Thinking for Postgraduate Study
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication
- ICT Skills for Postgraduate Study
- Research Methods for Postgraduate Study
- Final Project
*three semesters only
Birmingham City University Degree Pathways
- MA Fashion Design
- MA Fashion Styling
- MA Textile and Surface Design
Special entry requirements
Students must submit a portfolio if they are entering the two-semester Art and Design programme. Students must also submit a portfolio if they do not have an academic qualification in Art and Design.
All students accessing the 3D workshops, plaster room, glass room, water-jet cutting room and the kiln room will need to wear safety footwear that has toe caps. Such footwear can be purchased from any safety footwear provider – including Sports Direct – and can be as cheap as £12. The shoes should be S1P and comply with EN 20345.
There is no long-term storage facility for personal items in the workshops, so students are advised to bring the safety footwear with them each day they are accessing the workshops.
About the School
BCUIC is a direct pathway to Birmingham City University for international students. We offer Foundation, First Year and Pre-Master’s entry points, depending on your level and the degree you want to st ... Read More