Engineering at Swansea University is taught in a cutting-edge learning environment using state-of-the-art teaching facilities. The university pioneers technological progress in both traditional and emerging engineering disciplines, working in partnership with major industrial companies. All engineering activities at Swansea University are driven by, and based on, world-leading research.
The College, Swansea University provides teaching in smaller groups, with a personalised and supportive educational philosophy that encourages students to reach their maximum academic potential. All courses are available with a choice of start dates and durations, depending on your qualifications and English Language proficiency.
When you study in The College, Swansea University, you are a full student of the University from the start of your course.
- 80 credits from Swansea University undergraduate modules.
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communications (ILSC) (20 credits)
- Research Methodology (20 credits)
The following durations and start dates are available, depending on your IELTS Score.
- Two semesters: September start.
There are both English Language and Academic Entry Requirements for Pre-Master's study.
For details please refer to our Admission Requirements by Country document.
If you do not meet the English Language requirement for direct entry to your chosen pathway, you can receive the required amount of English Language tuition at Swansea University to prepare you for successful entry into your chosen programme at a later date.
How to Apply
You can apply via our online form.
Before you submit your application, please make sure that:
- You know which course you want to study and which date you want to start.
- You have electronic copies of your academic transcripts, which you will need to attach to your online application. Please note: the limit for all attachments is 25MB.
- Alternatively, you can download the Application Form in PDF format, fill in and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the necessary documents.
Please note: If you are a citizen/permanent resident of the United Kingdom and have not lived outside of the UK for at least three years, you may not be eligible to apply via The College, Swansea University. Admissions staff will review your application and get in touch to advise you.
Annual tuition fees for entry in the academic year 2019/20 are as follows:
Recommended textbooks for this course are available in the University libraries, but you may choose to purchase personal copies. All software needed for the course is available on the University network for use within University computer rooms. Free wireless internet access is available across the whole of the University campus, including halls of residence. Personal costs such as the purchase of stationery, photocopying costs, parking fees or travel between the campuses are not included in your tuition fees.
Successful completion of this pathway will lead to the award of one of the following from Swansea University:
- MSc Aerospace Engineering
- MSc Chemical Engineering
- MSc Civil Engineering
- MSc Communications Engineering
- MSc Computer Modelling and Finite Elements in Engineering Mechanics
- MSc Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- MSc Power Engineering and Sustainable Energy
- MSc Materials Engineering
- MSc Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Nanoscience to Nanotechnology
All of the Engineering Degrees at Swansea University have professional accreditation.
The accreditation is on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Accreditation is a mark of assurance that the degree meets the standards set by the Engineering Council in the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC). An accredited degree will provide you with some or all of the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills as a Chartered Engineer. Some employers recruit preferentially from accredited degrees, and an accredited degree is likely to be recognised by other countries that are signatories to international accords.
About the School
We provide undergraduate and postgraduate pathways at Swansea University, which is in the UK top 30 in the prestigious Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019. Have a look at our programmes ... Read More