Why study this pathway programme?
- Degrees are based in Birmingham School of Architecture and Design – home to print, wood, metal, ceramics and glass workshops.
- 9 in 10 graduates from the School of Architecture and Design are employed or in further study (DLHE Survey 2016/17).
- The University offers opportunities to engage with real clients and work on ‘live’ projects, giving you an authentic taste of working life in the industry.
Tranmautritam / Pexels
Stage 1: Pre-Masters
You will need to submit a portfolio for an Art and Design programme if:
- you want to enrol onto a 2-semester art and design programme*
- you have no academic background in art and design
- you have a Level 5 qualification (such as an HND or a Dazhuan).
* Providing your academic grades meet our minimum entry requirements.
- Creative Practice*
- Critical Thinking for Postgraduate Study
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication
- Research Methods for Postgraduate Study
- Final Project
*three semesters only
Birmingham City University Degree Pathways
- MA Design and Visualisation
- MA Product and Furniture Design
Special entry requirements
Students must submit a portfolio if they are entering the two-semester Art and Design programme. Students must also submit a portfolio if they do not have an academic qualification in Art and Design.
All students accessing the 3D workshops, plaster room, glass room, water-jet cutting room and the kiln room will need to wear safety footwear that has toe caps. Such footwear can be purchased from any safety footwear provider – including Sports Direct – and can be as cheap as £12. The shoes should be S1P and comply with EN 20345.
There is no long-term storage facility for personal items in the workshops, so students are advised to bring the safety footwear with them each day they are accessing the workshops.
About the School
BCUIC is a direct pathway to Birmingham City University for international students. We offer Foundation, First Year and Pre-Master’s entry points, depending on your level and the degree you want to st ... Read More