Postgraduate Diploma of Translating and Interpreting
The aim of this program is to provide proficient bilinguals with the linguistic, technical and professional skills to work as translators and/or interpreters, as well as an academic grounding in translation and interpreting theory and research skills. The program is offered in a number of languages depending on demand and resources. Languages offered include Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese and Korean.
- Classes are conducted in computer labs with the most up-to-date classroom management, language learning and translation software to enhance student learning.
- Pathway to the Master of Advanced Translation and Master of Conference Interpreting for eligible students.
- There is an optional practice unit which allows students to gain T/I experience necessary for professional NAATI accreditation.
Suitable if you are interested in becoming a professional translator or interpreter.
- Australian Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 (out of 4.00)
- Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band
- Proficiency in one of the available languages: Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese or Korean
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification
Work experience requirements
No work experience is required.
Chinese (Mandarin), Korean and Japanese are available in Semesters 1 and 2.