Prove your potential to lead and organize in the sports industry. Confirm your understanding of well-established and emerging leadership techniques and approaches. Understand the complex interactions between sports promotions like advertising and sponsorship, management theories, finance, and law. Use your knowledge of branding, funding, regulatory conditions, and concepts like ethics and business structure in an internship and start creating a future in this growing field.
KeithJJ / Pixabay
What You'll Learn
- Fundamental management and leadership skills
- How these skills operate in sports management and related facets like marketing, law, and economic trends
- Methods to refine your portfolio or sell your potential to interested companies
- Practical applications of all skills learned through an internship and supplemental student discussion
Who Can Attend
- Students who hold Bachelor's degrees and who wish to concentrate or expand their knowledge in the field
- Students who are enrolled in a Master's in Sports Management at their home institution
- Professionals who have several years of work experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Management (or equivalent)
- International applicants are required to demonstrate English language fluency and must attain minimum scores of TOEFL PBT 550, iBT 80, IELTS 6.5; or the equivalent
- No GMAT or management experience required
- This is a full-time program
- You must obtain an F-1 (student) visa
September 28 to June 11, 2021
Continue in a Master's Pathway to complete a Master's degree with an additional six months of study:
- MSc in International Business at the University of Hertfordshire in England.
- MBA in Sports Management at the Universidad Católica de San Antonio de Murcia in Spain.
^Additional fees apply.
Where to Stay
International Village (IV)
- Conveniently located next to the UCR Extension Center, restaurants, banks, and the main UCR campus
- Offers three types of living arrangements: studio, single, or double
- Open year-round
- For adult students (age 18 or older) only
- Stay with an American family to practice English daily and learn about American life and customs
- Fully-furnished room; double-occupancy
- All meals and daily transportation (to/from school or school-related activities) included
- Minimum age 14
- No minimum stay
Social & Cultural Activities
Make the most of your California experience!
Riverside has a friendly community and a centralized location. Travel an hour in any direction to explore Los Angeles, San Diego, Palm Springs, and other famous destinations.
Fill your weekends with:
- Unforgettable places, events, and cultural immersion activities
- FREE social events to make professional connections
- Optional trips at a special student rate
Before You Apply
You will be asked to create an account and you will need to provide a valid email address, mailing address and other personal information.
Collect any required documents so that you are prepared to upload them.
- Agency/embassy/partner university information. (Only required if you have one.)
- Copy of your passport photo page.
- Statement of Financial Support Form. (Only if your program requires an F-1 (student) visa)
- Financial statement from the Bank, in English. (Only if your program requires an F-1 (student) visa)
- If you are applying as an F-1 transfer student from another U.S. institution, you must submit copies of your current I-20 form, I-94 form, and F-1 visa. If you are accepted, your acceptance letter will provide further instructions on completing your transfer.
- If you are under 18 years old, have your parents complete the parental release form.
Note: Some programs require additional documentation.
“Enrich your life and transform your future by studying in the heart of Southern California. Employers all over the world recognize the University of California as the gold standard in academics. Experience YOUR California dream at sunny UCR - your place to shine.”
Dr. Jean-Bernard Adrey
Associate Dean, International Education, UCR Extension Professional Studies
About the School
The International Education Programs (IEP) at the University of California, Riverside (UCR), has been providing English as a Second Language (ESL), academic, and professional programs since 1975. Our ... Read More