The Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management is developed by London School of Business and Finance (LSBF) to meet the increasing demand from Hospitality professionals for a postgraduate qualification. In addition this programme enables students from other disciplines the opportunity to make a change in their career and enter the hospitality and tourism industry. This is an intensive programme, with students having to attend a course of study of not less than 288 guided learning hours. Throughout the course, students are fully supported, and their developments are frequently checked by progress assessments. Student performance and satisfaction are monitored to ensure that the course meets students’ academic and personal development needs; and industry contacts ensure that the programme is relevant and suitable for the demands of a career in hospitality and tourism management. Learning Outcomes
- To develop graduates with the necessary skills, knowledge to be immediately effective within the hospitality and tourism industry;
- To develop in students a critical appreciation of the roles of managers within the hospitality and tourism industry;
- To enable students to apply and evaluate managerial level decision making and problem-solving;
- To develop problem-solving skills, improve their ability to communicate and operate effectively as individuals within the hospitality and tourism organization and as part of a team;
- To enable critical reflection on the role of customer service, quality, and productivity;
- To evaluate and assess the critical challenges and changes in the industry;
Students must take and successfully complete all eight modules (or six and the Industrial Attachment) to be awarded the LSBF Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management. Students who fail to do so will be given a statement of results. Students must achieve an overall passing grade of 40%. If students fail to achieve an overall passing grade, they will be permitted to retake based on the directions given by the examination board.
Full-Time Classes: 12 Months (inclusive of Industrial Attachment)
Students attend lessons for a period of 9 months from Monday to Friday to complete 7 modules.
Cost & Fees
Student Course Fee: S$9,800
- 21 years or above;
- Completion of Degree from a recognized university; or
- Minimum age of 21 with a recognized Polytechnic Diploma (or equivalent) plus 3 years appropriate relevant work experience; or
- Other relevant qualifications.
Minimum English Language Entry Requirement Students must have achieved a grade C6 or better in English language GCE ‘O’ level, or the equivalent. All international students for whom English is not their first language and have not studied in an English language medium must provide evidence of their linguistic ability at IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. Exceptions Students, who have other qualifications, will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Program taught in: