Postgraduate Diploma in Business Programme offers advanced academic training to equip bachelor’s degree holders with advanced English language academic and analytical skills, and a solid foundation of business knowledge required to study a master’s degree programme in a business-related discipline.
This programme is operated by Lingnan Institute of Further Education in collaboration with the Division of Graduate Studies, Lingnan University.
- 1-year full-time programme awarded by Lingnan University
- Focus on the advancement of English language academic and analytical skills, and core business knowledge required for smooth progression to business-related taught master’s degree studies
- To be offered at Lingnan University, with a great campus environment and well-equipped learning facilities and resources
- Students can articulate to business-related taught master’s degree programmes upon successful completion of the programme and attainment of English proficiency requirement
- Students can choose to take elective courses enlisted from collaborating business-related master’s degree programmes of Lingnan University
- This programme is recognized under the Qualifications Framework (QF: level 6, QR registration number: 17/000486/L6)
- Apply advanced English language academic skills, and a solid conceptual and analytical background in business to handle related academic studies at the Master’s level
- Employ quantitative and research concepts and techniques to analyze a wide range of complex business issues, interpret findings, and prepare reports
- Apply analytical and problem-solving skills to make business decisions and recommend solutions for complex business issues
- Integrate a solid foundation of business theories with professional knowledge to critically evaluate real-world business environments and formulate corporate strategies; and
- Demonstrate advanced skills in communicating complex academic and business views and analyses effectively
- Master of Accountancy*
- Master of Science in e-Business & Supply Chain Management
- Master of Science in Finance**
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour
- Master of Science in International Banking and Finance***
- Master of Science in Marketing and International Business
* Students are required to take and pass a pre-entry programme prior to formal admission to the Master of Accountancy (MAcc) Programme, with courses to be determined by the MAcc Programme. Students are also encouraged to take the elective course “Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis” in this Programme in order to qualify for exemption of an accounting course in the MAcc Pre-entry Programme.
** Students are required to have taken Financial Management in their undergraduate studies, and to take the elective course "Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis” in this Programme and attain grade B- or above.
*** Students are required to have taken Macroeconomics and Financial Management in their undergraduate studies, and attained acceptable grades as determined by the Master of Science in International Banking and Finance Programme.
Students can also apply for admission to other business-related taught Master's Degree Programmes offered by other local/overseas universities.
To be eligible for entry into the proposed Postgraduate Diploma in Business Programme, candidates should:
- hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized tertiary institution in a business or related discipline, or equivalent*, and
- meet the English language proficiency requirement by attaining a minimum score of 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or equivalent.
* Degree holders in a non-business discipline with relevant working experience will also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Attain a minimum of an average of GPA 2.33 for English for Academic Purposes and Advanced Business Communication, and pass the other 6 courses of the programme; and
- Obtain a cumulative GPA of 2.67 or above.
How To Apply
Applicants may apply online via our website: life.LN.edu.hk/pgd_admission
About the School
Lingnan University is the liberal arts university in Hong Kong and we have the longest established tradition among the local institutions of higher education. Our history can be dated back to 1888, wh ... Read More