Upon completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Programme, students should be able to:
- Apply advanced English language academic skills, and a solid conceptual and analytical background in business to handle related academic studies at the Master’s level
- Employ quantitative and research concepts and techniques to analyze a wide range of complex business issues, interpret findings, and prepare reports
- Apply analytical and problem-solving skills to make business decisions and recommend solutions for complex business issues
- Integrate a solid foundation of business theories with professional knowledge to critically evaluate real-world business environments and formulate corporate strategies; and
- Demonstrate advanced skills in communicating complex academic and business views and analyses effectively
Upon successful completion of the Programme, students have the opportunities to articulate to the below business-related taught Master's Degree Programmes offered by Lingnan University:
- Master of Accountancy*
- Master of Science in e-Business & Supply Chain Management
- Master of Science in Finance**
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour
- Master of Science in International Banking and Finance***
- Master of Science in Marketing and International Business
* Students are required to take and pass a pre-entry programme prior to formal admission to the Master of Accountancy (MAcc) Programme, with courses to be determined by the MAcc Programme. Students are also encouraged to take the elective course “Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis” in this Programme in order to qualify for exemption of an accounting course in the MAcc Pre-entry Programme.
** Students are required to have taken Financial Management in their undergraduate studies, and to take the elective course "Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis” in this Programme and attain grade B- or above.
*** Students are required to have taken Macroeconomics and Financial Management in their undergraduate studies, and attained acceptable grades as determined by the Master of Science in International Banking and Finance Programme.
Students can also apply for admission to other business-related taught Master's Degree Programmes offered by other local/overseas universities.
Students are required to complete 8 courses in 2 terms, consisting of 4 required courses in term 1, and 2 required and 2 elective courses in term 2.
To be eligible for entry into the proposed Postgraduate Diploma in Business Programme, candidates should:
- hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized tertiary institution in a business or related discipline, or equivalent*, and
- meet the English language proficiency requirement by attaining a minimum score of 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or equivalent.
* Degree holders in a non-business discipline with relevant working experience will also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Attain a minimum of an average of GPA 2.33 for English for Academic Purposes and Advanced Business Communication, and pass the other 6 courses of the programme; and
- Obtain a cumulative GPA of 2.67 or above.
How To Apply
Applicants may apply online via our website: life.LN.edu.hk/pgd_admission