Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
Expand your understanding of the world of business and doing business in dynamic emerging economies. Sharpen your business acumen, management knowledge and leadership skills. Advance your management career.
The Wits Business School one-year Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration is for ambitious graduates who want the edge. The WBS PDBA is relevant to the challenges of doing business in South Africa, Africa and other dynamic emerging market economies, and covers key themes relevant to business today including sustainability, entrepreneurial action and critical engagement. The PDBA is a stand-alone qualification that also qualifies you to enter the Wits Business School MBA part-time. Students with a 3-year qualification can do this in 12 months instead of 18 months. The programme is also available in a long block release part-time format in June of each year. JUNE 2017 APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
Who Is It For?
The PDBA is for ambitious graduates who wish to accelerate their management careers.
Why Do A PDBA?
- A PDBA is a part-time programme, enabling you to continue working while you study.
- A PDBA gives you a broad understanding of the world of business that you can leverage for rapid career and personal growth.
- If you are in a specialist area, or are wanting to switch careers, the PDBA allows you to build on your general business management knowledge and leadership skills.
- It exposes students to concepts, opportunities and challenges that will enhance your performance at work while sharpening your overall business acumen.
- The PDBA is about developing managers who can act ethically and effectively in the management of organisations.
Does The PDBA Help Towards An MBA?
Yes. The PDBA is a stand-alone qualification but equally prepares you to complete the WBS part-time MBA in one year, instead of the usual 18 month duration. (This may not apply to the modular MBA cohort.) Credits towards the MBA are only valid for four years.
The PDBA is a four-quarter programme of approximately 10 weeks per quarter. Classes run on two evenings during the week with occasional classes on Saturdays. Quarter 1 covers critical business skills and corporate law, quarter 2 covers marketing and sales, people management and entrepreneurship, quarter 3 covers management and financial accounting and finance, and quarter 4 covers strategy and technology and operations management. The key themes of the programme have been designed to complement the MBA curriculum, while being suitable as a stand-alone course.
- 5 key themes: Context in Africa, Context in South Africa, Sustainability, Entrepreneurial Action, Critical Engagement
- 9 core courses
- Access to career development and coaching
- Stand-alone qualification
- Qualifies you to enter the WBS part-time MBA
- Bachelor’s degree (NQF 7)*
- Two years’ minimum work experience
- Mathematics – a level of competence equivalent to SA matric certificate
- Acceptable GMAT score OR WBS admission test. For booking the Wits Admission Test, contact Helen Martins or TestBookings.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Management Part 3 Word Format- Download and Complete
- Complete an online application form on the following link https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- Non-refundable application fee
- Documents required:
- CV (only required if you have been working for 2 or more years)
- Copies of degree certificate/s and academic transcript/s
- Copy of SAQA certificate (for foreign qualifications)
- Proof of English language proficiency (for students who have not studied at tertiary level in English)
*In exceptional cases, non-degreed individuals with working experience are considered.
Additional Entry Requirements
WBS Admission Test
The admission test is compulsory for all applicants applying to the PDBA programme and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they book and sit for the test. This test may be written before or after an application has been submitted; however candidates should take note that an application will only be reviewed once the test is written. For booking the Wits Admission Test, contact Helen Martins or TestBookings.email@example.com. Applications are processed on a rolling acceptance basis. Once the class is full, candidates will be placed onto a waitlist.
Applicants who have foreign qualifications need to send their qualification to the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) for evaluation. Go to saqa.org.za or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can call: 012 431 5000 or the helpdesk on: 0860 103 188
For other requirements pertaining to international applicants, kindly contact Simphiwe Goba at: email@example.com and kindly contact Odette Pillay at the fees office for additional fees payable at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing & Sales
- Business Administration
- Operations Management
Disclaimer: Cancellation of programmes by WBS
- WBS is entitled to cancel or change the date of delivery of a programme without notice and for any reason without incurring any liability to individuals who have applied or are enrolled on the programme or any funders of such individuals (“participants” or “funders of participants”).
- Without derogating from the aforesaid, and insofar as it possible, WBS will provide the participants or funders of the participants with 30 (thirty days) days written notice of any cancellation or changes in the dates of delivery of the programme.
- Insofar as the programme is cancelled or rescheduled prior to delivery of the programme then in that event the participants and funders of the participants will not be charged the full programme fees.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 17, 2017