Use your researching skills and inquisitive nature to compile and interpret overwhelming data and numbers. First, create a layer of leadership to establish your potential to lead a team and take calculated risks. Then, understand how to find valuable nuggets of information while analyzing data from cloud-based and other technologies. Discover consumer patterns and simplify the research that leads to the next big business decision.
Kevin Ku / Pexels
What You'll Learn
- The essentials of practical and contemporary management methods
- How to "mine" and predict patterns in data for problem-solving and other initiatives
- Cloud-based technologies and how they support Big Data
- How these skills and others are applied in an American business or how to promote yourself to another American business
Who Can Attend
- Students who hold Bachelor's degrees in computer science with programming and statistics coursework
- International applicants are required to demonstrate English language fluency and must attain minimum scores of TOEFL PBT 550, iBT 80, IELTS 6.5; or the equivalent
- No GMAT or management experience required
- This is a full-time program
- You must obtain an F-1 (student) visa
September 28 to June 11, 2021
Continue in a Master's Pathway to complete a Master's degree with an additional six months of study:
- MSc in Big Data Analytics at Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland
^Additional fees apply.
Where to Stay
International Village (IV)
- Conveniently located next to the UCR Extension Center, restaurants, banks, and the main UCR campus
- Offers three types of living arrangements: studio, single, or double
- Open year-round
- For adult students (age 18 or older) only
- Stay with an American family to practice English daily and learn about American life and customs
- Fully-furnished room; double-occupancy
- All meals and daily transportation (to/from school or school-related activities) included
- Minimum age 14
- No minimum stay
Social & Cultural Activities
Make the most of your California experience!
Riverside has a friendly community and a centralized location. Travel an hour in any direction to explore Los Angeles, San Diego, Palm Springs, and other famous destinations.
Fill your weekends with:
- Unforgettable places, events, and cultural immersion activities
- FREE social events to make professional connections
- Optional trips at a special student rate
Before You Apply
You will be asked to create an account and you will need to provide a valid email address, mailing address and other personal information.
Collect any required documents so that you are prepared to upload them.
- Agency/embassy/partner university information. (Only required if you have one.)
- Copy of your passport photo page.
- Statement of Financial Support Form. (Only if your program requires an F-1 (student) visa)
- Financial statement from the Bank, in English. (Only if your program requires an F-1 (student) visa)
- If you are applying as an F-1 transfer student from another U.S. institution, you must submit copies of your current I-20 form, I-94 form, and F-1 visa. If you are accepted, your acceptance letter will provide further instructions on completing your transfer.
- If you are under 18 years old, have your parents complete the parental release form.
Note: Some programs require additional documentation.
“Enrich your life and transform your future by studying in the heart of Southern California. Employers all over the world recognize the University of California as the gold standard in academics. Experience YOUR California dream at sunny UCR - your place to shine.”
Dr. Jean-Bernard Adrey
Associate Dean, International Education, UCR Extension Professional Studies
About the School
The International Education Programs (IEP) at the University of California, Riverside (UCR), has been providing English as a Second Language (ESL), academic, and professional programs since 1975. Our ... Read More