Postgraduate Degree in Underwear, Corsetry and Swimwear Design
Fashion demands having different scenarios of markets and, among them, corsetry is a sector of fashion that has grown significantly and gained importance within the current trends.
The design of underwear, corsetry and swimwear arises great curiosity in the fashion industry due to its high level of specialisation in this particular sector and industry, and because it provides specific and transversal tools that the professionals of the fashion sector need.
In order to enter this fascinating world of underwear, corsetry and swimwear from a technical, creative and esthetical approach, students will start with prior knowledge that will allow them to develop all the necessary skills to create and design innovative and contemporary collections.
GENERAL AIMS OF THE TRAINING
To train and professionalize fashion designers in the specific world and industry of underwear, corsetry and swimwear design so that they can develop a collection.
To master the technical, creative and management foundations to develop underwear, corsetry and swimwear collections.
- To develop highly competitive skills in design, pattern design, dressmaking and handling of corsetry materials that define the designer as a highly creative and professional designer.
This postgraduate course is organised in 6 modules and is completed upon handing in the Final Project.
- Module I – Theory and history
- Module II – Materials and setting types
- Module III – Study of trends and styles
- Module IV – Pattern designing and dressmaking
- Module V – Fittings
- Module VI – Production and management processes
- Underwear, corsetry and swimwear designer with own brand or for companies.
- Underwear, corsetry and swimwear pattern maker.
- Underwear, corsetry and swimwear technician.
- Underwear, corsetry and swimwear pattern designer.
Edit: 2nd Edition
Qualification: Postgraduate Degree in Underwear, Corsetry and Swimwear Design accredited by the Universidad de Vic-UCC. Students without university degrees will receive a University Extension Studies Diploma.
Credits: 30 ECTS
School period: From October 19th 2015 to May 2016. Final Project Presentation: June 2016
Timetable: Mondays and Wednesdays from 19h to 22h
Price: 3480 €
Access: Graduates. Undergraduate degrees in Fine Arts and Design, and those related to the following professional categories: interior design, graphic design, industrial design and arts applied to clothing. Professionals from the sector without specific training but who can demonstrate professional expertise. Applicants will undergo a selection process for acceptance on the course.
Observations: Intensive Spanish course for foreign students willing to apply to the Master degree (optional course). From Sept. 10th to October, 2nd; from Monday to Friday (4h/day) – 395€.