Postgraduate Degree in Design Management
In this postgraduate will emphasize the strategic and management aspects that lead to business success, as well as the skills needed to respond innovatively to the transformation of organizational models and project management.
GENERAL AIMS OF THE TRAINING
- To acquire management tools and knowledge that will enable them to gain this new perspective on their profession.
- To understand what is required when starting a new business.
- To acquire the language of business.
- To have the tools for developing the management skills of efficiently leading/coordinating teams.
- To acquire the communication skills needed to collaborate with interdisciplinary teams.
- To learn to detect business opportunities outside the specific field of design.
- To be given the required tools they need in order to become the integrating component between the project/task to be developed and the company as a whole.
This postgraduate course is divided into 4 modules, the fourth being the development of a Final Research Project to end the course.
The course starts with Module I (more strategic), then it alternates between the more definite, specific contents of the modules (Modules II and III). Each of the modules will be developed throughout the course in an organised way to combine theory and practice in parallel.
From time to time, lectures from specialists in key and extremely topical issues will be organised, as well as visits to complete the postgraduate training.
- Module I - Corporate design and strategies
- Module II – Design and management tools
- Module III - Managerial skills
- Module IV - Final project
Corporate and design studio managers. Responsible for strategic design. External consultancy in design and innovation. Design managers, in all its disciplines. Innovation managers. Independent designers and entrepreneurs.
In businesses and institutions, positions of responsibility associated with:
- Brand management, Product lines, Art and creative departments in advertising agencies.
- Design departments of companies.
- Image and / or communication.
- Architectural and Industrial Engineering companies.
Edit: 5th Edition
Qualification: Postgraduate Degree in Design Management accredited by the Universidad de Vic-UCC. Students without university degrees will receive a University Extension Studies Diploma.
Credits: 30 ECTS
School period: From October 19th 2015 to May 2016. Final Project Presentation: June 2016
Timetable: Mondays and Wednesdays from 19h to 22h
Price: 3480 €
Access: Graduates. Undergraduate degrees in Fine Arts and Design, and those related to the following professional categories: interior design, graphic design, industrial design and arts applied to clothing. Professionals from the sector without specific training but who can demonstrate professional expertise. Applicants will undergo a selection process for acceptance on the course.
Observations: Intensive Spanish course for foreign students willing to apply to the Master degree (optional course). From Sept. 10th to October, 2nd; from Monday to Friday (4h/day) – 395€.
About the School
Bau is a centre that provides higher education in the field of design. Located in Barcelona, one of the leading cities in the field of design, BAU is situated in an industrial area of over 6,000 m2 eq ... Read More