- Type of course: Postgraduate
- Spanish Language
- School: IED Design
- IED credits: 20
- Duration: 3 months
- Hours: Afternoon 19.00 - 22.30 h. LV 3, 4 or 5 days a week
- Assistance: On-site
- Qualification: Private at the end of the course the student will receive a certificate of accreditation.
- Aimed at: graduates or graduates in the fields of art, design, architecture, interior design, etc.
- Admission process: - CV (professional experience will be assessed) - Motivation letter - Portfolio (not exceeding 3MB) website or blog, in the case of having them. - Personal interview, if the Didactic Coordination deems it appropriate.
Lighting transforms our concept of seeing and understanding a staging. Behind various artistic disciplines such as dance, theater or music, light hides itself as a great protagonist. After these artistic expressions there are designers who with work, research and the study of light create atmospheres so that each show is unique.
The Postgraduate Course in Stage Lighting trains professionals with the knowledge necessary to create, read and interpret lighting and thus develop proposals for high-level work in dramatic genres, artistic styles and aesthetic conceptions, with light being the differentiating element.
Throughout the course, students will start from the basic concepts about the function, meaning, definition and dramatic integration of light in a staging, until reaching the practical part and the realization of real projects.
Some of the basic principles of work that will be worked on in this program are: to know the international references of current lighting, to study the forerunners of light as visual art, to learn the working methods of reference professionals, to deepen in the physical nature of lighting, work with cutting-edge tools, differentiate artistic genres ...
The best way to understand light is to live it and only those who enjoy its language are capable of transmitting it. That is why our teachers are active professionals and through their experience students will learn to transmit how light is able to artistically express their own language within the scene.
The main objectives pursued by this course are:
- Learn the concepts of light and its integration in a staging.
- Work with the possibilities that new technologies provide us with when developing a lighting design.
- Apply the expressive function and dramatic language of light, through knowledge and use of the tools that will form the basis of theatrical lighting.
- Distinguish all the elements that intervene in the design of lights of a theatrical show: functions, operation and application.
- Make a complete lighting dossier of a show.
- Enhance the techniques that facilitate research work in the field of lighting.
- Integrate aspects and languages associated with lighting: scenography, sound, costumes, props, video ...
After the completion of the Postgraduate Course in Stage Lighting Design, students will be prepared to work as:
- Lighting designer of shows for theater.
- Lighting designer for dance shows.
- Lighting designer of shows for musicals.
- Lighting designer for live music.
- Lighting designer for corporate events and brand presentations.