- Type of course: Postgraduate
- Language: English
- School: Design
- Duration: 4 months
- Attendance: blended
- Qualification: Private accreditation at the end of the course.
- Directed to: graduates or holders of diplomas in the fields of art, design, architecture, etc.
- Admission process: Currículum vitae / Motivation Letter Project Portfolio (max 3Mb) / Web Personal interview as deemed necessary by the Academic Coordination Team
Integrating electronics into a design is increasingly frequent nowadays with the development of connected designs, the Internet of Things (IoT), Wearables, etc.
The Postgraduate Course in Electronics and Media Prototyping delves into the learning of electronics and programming in order to equip designs with mechanical behavior and interaction with the environment, both physically and digitally. This postgraduate course forms part of the structure of the Master in Digital Fabrication and Media.
- Develop your creativity and ability to solve design problems while providing specific solutions to real manufacturing problems.
- Delve into the development of connected designs (IoT and Wearables).
- Give your projects the ability to interact and respond to the environment surrounding them.
- Understand and control the differences between Idea, Project and Product, understanding the implications involved in moving from one to the other.
- Obtain a roadmap of the numerous processes in technological development that are currently arising and the guidelines for incorporating them into projects.
Professionals that are able to develop projects that require complex behaviors achieved through electronics and programming, as well as to generate personalized user experiences. With this postgraduate course, you will develop an ideal profile for companies that require rapid development of solutions for specific problems (advertising, communication, design studios etc.) or which what to control the design and development of their products.
- Design lead
- Experience designer
- Advertising and events
- Product specialist
- Embedded designer and developer
How we do it?
The teaching methodology of the IED Innovation Labs constitutes the convergence of the theoretical knowledge of the best international professionals with their practical development in the Fab Lab, a prototyping laboratory fully equipped with everything necessary for the whole development of projects.
During the week you develop in a practical manner everything you have learned during the lectures guru's a mentor's sessions.
Organization of each module:
- Online Lessons
- Practice at Fab Lab
- Intensive Workshop
Why study at IED Innovation Lab?
The IED Innovation Lab is an international networking center focused on promoting a dynamic collaboration between disciplines, interaction with professionals, hybridization of concepts and prototyping results.
The center operates around LABS where experts from different fields explore the future of design working with the latest technologies in digital fabrication, electronics, media production, virtual reality, etc.
It is located in what is considered the new creative district of Madrid, 20 minutes by underground from the other IED spaces. The neighborhood offers largescale workspaces where new designers can work freely, taking advantage of the premises’ great functionality.
About the School
We can remember the Spanish domination over Milan, lasted almost two centuries, and that in southern Italy. In a way, the decision that Spain would be the first country outside Italy to host IED campu ... Read More