COURSE LANGUAGE: SPANISH
The Postgraduate Course in Furniture Design of IED Madrid specializes designers who are faced with the creation of furniture, overcoming the classic dichotomy between form and function.
This sector of design is closely linked to the fields of interior design or architecture, areas that develop the design of specific furniture for their spaces or create specific product lines for industrialized production.
The main career opportunities for the Postgraduate Course in Furniture Design are: Associate Designer for product design studies and furniture or interior architecture, Freelance, professions related to the sale of furniture.
The main objective of the Postgraduate Course in Furniture Design is to provide students with the theoretical, technological, practical and project tools necessary to face professional work in the field of furniture design, always from a perspective that allows their development within the scope of industrial production.
- To give the student a multidisciplinary profile and the ability to adapt to the work environment in many different areas.
- Deepen the knowledge and scope of new trends in design and contemporary thinking.
- Conceptualize the relationships between architecture, art, design and the furniture industry.
- To train professionals capable of developing the project individually and / or as a team, from the conceptual to the concrete, from the initial idea to the presentation and final communication.
Students who complete the Postgraduate Course in Furniture Design will be able to channel their professional life in several ways:
- Associate designer for product design studies and furniture or interior architecture.
- Responsible, dependent or professions related to the sale of furniture.