COURSE LANGUAGE: SPANISH
DO YOU WANT TO WORK AS A FOOTWEAR DESIGNER?
The accessories have become objects of desire, have their own name and every season stylists and editors look for the must haves. Today, names such as Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo and Christian Louboutin are a world reference in footwear design, both for experts and neophytes.
The Canarian designer Blahnik, National Fashion Design Award and Honorary Title of the Order of the British Empire for his service to the British fashion industry, achieved international fame thanks to the manolos, authentic works of art that the protagonist of the series Sex in New York, Lady Gaga or Madonna have worn multiple times. Also Choo, designer of Malay origin with residence in London, has been awarded the Honorary Title of the Order of the British Empire. Diana of Wales often took their designs and, currently, are coveted by all celebrities. It also happens with Louboutin's famous heeled shoes with red soles, which have shown personalities such as Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, Dita Von Teese, Blake Lively, Uma Thurman or Christina Aguilera, among many others.
Among the main objectives of the Postgraduate Course in Footwear Design we can highlight:
- Provide the student with the practical and theoretical knowledge of shoe design.
- Analyze the evolution of the accessory through its history and its influence at every moment.
- Learn the technical process necessary to create and develop your collections from the commercial creative world.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge to deal with the development of your own collection or join the accessories design team of any company in the sector.
Students who complete the Postgraduate Course in Footwear Design can channel their professional life in several ways:
- Footwear designer in mass-produced or high-end fashion companies.
- Freelance footwear designer on his own.
- Coordinator of accessories department in any company specialized in the sector.
- Head of product in luxury or retail footwear design brands.