Course language: Spanish
Do you want to work as a stylist?
Personalities such as Diana Vreeland, fashion editor of Harper's Bazaar between 1936 and 1962 and director of Vogue from 1962 to 1971 or Carine Roitfeld, the iconic fashion editor of Vogue Paris, have laid the foundations of a position that over time has acquired a unquestionable power and influence. Also, Anna dello Russo, a stylist with extensive experience leading magazines such as Vogue Italia and L'Uomo Vogue, is today a benchmark in the sector and a must of the frontrow of the most international fashion shows. All of them have left their imprint on the ethereal world of fashion: they have managed to impose their vision, decipher the visual codes and recognize the iconographic references of our time. That is, precisely, the work of the stylist, understand which are the fashion references of his time, anticipate trends and build poetic universes that serve to sell a dream, a dream that necessarily involves selling fashion.
He works as a stylist for fashion editorials, commercial ads, fashion shows and events or for individual clients. Form yourself at the IED Madrid with the Specialization Course in Fashion Styling: you will have close contact with companies in the sector and teachers who are active professionals; In addition, in each edition, students collaborate in the realization of real editorials for magazines such as Trends, Neo2, Vanity, Fucking Young ...
Shooting of the Postgraduate Course in Fashion Styling at IED Madrid for the ICON magazine from IED Madrid on Vimeo.
The Specialization Course in Fashion Styling trains the student in a theoretical and practical way so that he is able to successfully develop his professional activity as a stylist. The main objectives of the course are:
- Know how to analyze each incoming season and interpret it correctly.
- Acquire creative, practical and theoretical knowledge of the fashion environment.
- Generate thinking and capacity for self-criticism in this matter and environment.
- Acquire knowledge in photography and publishing.
- Strengthen the culture of fashion.
- Encourage contacts with professionals.
- Set up a book of jobs for your professional career.
Students who complete the Postgraduate Course in Fashion Styling can channel their professional life in several ways:
- Stylist in editorial media (newspapers or magazines).
- Audiovisual stylist (fashion editorial video, costumes for audiovisual productions from movies to TV ...).
- Fashion consultant for companies in the sector.
- Expert in fashion communication and marketing in showrooms and companies dedicated to fashion PR.
- Freelance stylist for companies or individuals (visual merchandising, personal shopping or prediction of trends, among others).
About the School
We can remember the Spanish domination over Milan, lasted almost two centuries, and that in southern Italy. In a way, the decision that Spain would be the first country outside Italy to host IED campu ... Read More