COURSE LANGUAGE: SPANISH
The Postgraduate Course on Documentary Photography and Reporting is the first of the three modules that make up the Master of Professional Photography at the IED Madrid, this specialization course is dedicated to documentary and reporting. It also includes knowledge about copyright, media relations, communication theory, image ethics, advanced color correction and correction, location management and contracts. A solid and attractive personal work can make a difference when it comes to convincing magazines and publishers. With this premise, the improvement of the professional competences of students in documentary photography is complemented by the development of a personal work.
The co-directors of this course are good examples of a new generation of photographers who see their commercial work as part of the artistic field. They are also teachers of the European Master's Degree in Photography and will guide students through tutorials in the creation of a personal artistic project that will go far beyond pure technical excellence.
Students will enter the world of applied photography through a network of teachers, teachers, tutors and program directors. They will also have the opportunity to continue their studies within the framework of the Master of Professional Photography and to promote their final project through our contributing partners, with the purpose of publication and distribution.
- Offer students a vision of current trends in documentary photography and audiovisual reporting.
- Put into practice the tools and knowledge used in press and editorial photography.
- Present the different types of practice in documentary photography.
- Reflect on the role of the photographer within the media and its relationship with the editor, the art director and the client.
- Experiment, through a real commission from the tutor, what it means to create a story good enough to be published.
- Examine photographic practices within contemporary communication contexts.
- Show the cultural value of photography, the different collaborative forms and creative financing models.
- Analyze the challenges and limitations of the market in times of strong convergence and reduction of means.
- Press and media photographer
- Editorial photographer
- Post-production artist
- Imagen editor
- Agency Assistant